Results 1 to 10 of 19

Thread: How to make a custom ISO of Knoppix 6.7

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Moderator Moderator
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Germany/ Dietzenbach
    Posts
    1,124
    Try at next boottime which language settings you need using for example the cheatcode
    Code:
    knoppix lang=de
    or
    knoppix lang=us
    If you use my graphical bootmenu then edit '/opt/knx/knoppix/boot/isolinux/knoppix.menu', otherwise edit '/opt/knx/knoppix/boot/isolinux/isolinux.cfg'.

    Change within all "Append" lines the entry of 'lang=..' as you need. You can also insert in all this lines 'keyboard=..' and 'xkeyboard=..'. But I think only change of 'lang=..' will do the job. Create a new ISO and try it.

    Greetings Werner * http://www.wp-schulz.de/knoppix/summary.html
    Own Rescue-CD with Knoppix (Knoppix V6.7.0 remaster)

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Dhaka,Bangladesh.
    Posts
    16
    Quote Originally Posted by Werner P. Schulz View Post
    Try at next boottime which language settings you need using for example the cheatcode
    Code:
    knoppix lang=de
    or
    knoppix lang=us
    If you use my graphical bootmenu then edit '/opt/knx/knoppix/boot/isolinux/knoppix.menu', otherwise edit '/opt/knx/knoppix/boot/isolinux/isolinux.cfg'.

    Change within all "Append" lines the entry of 'lang=..' as you need. You can also insert in all this lines 'keyboard=..' and 'xkeyboard=..'. But I think only change of 'lang=..' will do the job. Create a new ISO and try it.

    Greetings Werner * http://www.wp-schulz.de/knoppix/summary.html
    Own Rescue-CD with Knoppix (Knoppix V6.7.0 remaster)
    Ok I will try when making a new ISO. Have you done to modify your script?
    One more thing can I use ISO mounting instead of CD or DVD to copy the bootloader and other stuff as I use in Ubuntu Customization Kit (UCK).

  3. #3
    Moderator Moderator
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Germany/ Dietzenbach
    Posts
    1,124
    I'll do a notice in this forum, if I'm ready with the new version of my script.

    I don't know anything about UCK and how to use it.

  4. #4
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Dhaka,Bangladesh.
    Posts
    16
    Quote Originally Posted by Werner P. Schulz View Post
    I'll do a notice in this forum, if I'm ready with the new version of my script.

    I don't know anything about UCK and how to use it.
    Ok, I just want to know that can you make your script to read the content from an image not from a disk, if you can it will be more helpful.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot picture

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot

$285.90



24x Micron MT40A512M16LY-062E IT:E 8Gb DDR4-3200 96-FBGA Memory IC picture

24x Micron MT40A512M16LY-062E IT:E 8Gb DDR4-3200 96-FBGA Memory IC

$349.99



24x Micron MT40A512M16LY-062E IT:E 8Gb DDR4-3200 96-FBGA Memory IC picture

24x Micron MT40A512M16LY-062E IT:E 8Gb DDR4-3200 96-FBGA Memory IC

$349.99



M321R4GA0BB0-CQK Samsung 32GB PC5-38400 DDR5-4800MHz Registered ECC CL40 RDIMM picture

M321R4GA0BB0-CQK Samsung 32GB PC5-38400 DDR5-4800MHz Registered ECC CL40 RDIMM

$550.00



USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack picture

USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack

$826.09



Transcend 96GB (6x16GB) 2Rx8 PC4-2666V DDR4 ECC UDIMM Server RAM TS2GLH72V6B picture

Transcend 96GB (6x16GB) 2Rx8 PC4-2666V DDR4 ECC UDIMM Server RAM TS2GLH72V6B

$299.00



Samsung 32GB DDR4-2666V-2Rx4-RB2-12 RAM  M393A4K40CB2-CTD6Q picture

Samsung 32GB DDR4-2666V-2Rx4-RB2-12 RAM M393A4K40CB2-CTD6Q

$169.00



USB 3.0 Micro SD SDHC TF Card Reader Memory Adapter for PC Laptop Camera lot picture

USB 3.0 Micro SD SDHC TF Card Reader Memory Adapter for PC Laptop Camera lot

$3.75



Dell 16GB PC4-21300 (DDR4-2666) Memory (SNPPWR5TC16G) picture

Dell 16GB PC4-21300 (DDR4-2666) Memory (SNPPWR5TC16G)

$89.99



TF/SD Card Adapter Camera Reader Android Type-c For iPhone17 Pro Max Plusm lot picture

TF/SD Card Adapter Camera Reader Android Type-c For iPhone17 Pro Max Plusm lot

$573.98