Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 19

Thread: How to make a custom ISO of Knoppix 6.7

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Dhaka,Bangladesh.
    Posts
    16

    Question How to make a custom ISO of Knoppix 6.7

    I have install Knoppix 6.7 in my Laptop, and install some extra packages. Now I want to make it a iso to install it in other pc's and live boot with those packages that I have installed. In Ubuntu I can do it easily by remastersys. But here nothing found.

    I have install knoppix 6.7 in my HDD, and install some other software. Now I wamt to make it a iso to distribute it to other. How can I make it?

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    802
    Quote Originally Posted by ashickur.noor View Post
    I have install Knoppix 6.7 in my Laptop, and install some extra packages. Now I want to make it a iso to install it in other pc's and live boot with those packages that I have installed. In Ubuntu I can do it easily by remastersys. But here nothing found.

    I have install knoppix 6.7 in my HDD, and install some other software. Now I wamt to make it a iso to distribute it to other. How can I make it?
    If all you want is to make some modifications and move them around, why do you want to go all the way to an ISO? Could there be easier alternatives?
    I'd like you to answer that, and take things from there. You can find quite a lot of material on these issues on the forums here.

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Dhaka,Bangladesh.
    Posts
    16
    I think ISO is the best choice for me. Is there any way to make it. Can any body give me some link of these topics.

  4. #4
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Dhaka,Bangladesh.
    Posts
    16
    Can any body help me. I am trying to make a customize iso of knoppix 6.7 from my HDD install knoppix, but nothing found suitable in the forum. Please help me.

  5. #5
    Moderator Moderator
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Germany/ Dietzenbach
    Posts
    1,124
    ... if you have a lot of time try Debian Remastersys.

    The well tested way to remaster Knoppix is described in Remaster HowTo (without chapter 3!); alternative you can use my scripts. Be aware, to remaster Knoppix DVD you need a free partition of at least 25GB size or a virtual drive of 25GB within VirtualBox.

    Greetings Werner * http://www.wp-schulz.de/knoppix/summary.html
    Own Rescue-CD with Knoppix (Knoppix V6.7.0 remaster)

  6. #6
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Dhaka,Bangladesh.
    Posts
    16
    Quote Originally Posted by Werner P. Schulz View Post
    ... if you have a lot of time try Debian Remastersys.

    The well tested way to remaster Knoppix is described in Remaster HowTo (without chapter 3!); alternative you can use my scripts. Be aware, to remaster Knoppix DVD you need a free partition of at least 25GB size or a virtual drive of 25GB within VirtualBox.

    Greetings Werner * http://www.wp-schulz.de/knoppix/summary.html
    Own Rescue-CD with Knoppix (Knoppix V6.7.0 remaster)
    Thanks for your reply. Are you confirm that Debain Remastersys will work here? Remaster HowTo is for Remastering from live CD, not for from installed knoppix in HDD. I have such partition free space of 50 GB but the partition is not complete empty and I can not move those data. So can I use your script?

  7. #7
    Moderator Moderator
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Germany/ Dietzenbach
    Posts
    1,124
    No, I never tried Debian Remastersys and I can not say, if it will do the job. But you told us, you have experience with Ubuntu Remastersys; therefore you will be able to solve all troubles which may occur with Debian Remastersys.

    With my scripts you need

    1. a Knoppix HD Installation (you allready have)
    2. a decompresses filesystem image at '/opt/knx/remaster' (will be done by the scripts)
    3. all the bootloader stuff at '/opt/knx/' (will be done by the scripts)
    4. repeat installation and purge of all programs and tools within the chroot jail, as you did within your HD Installation (it's your job)
    5. build the new ISO (will be done by the scripts)

  8. #8
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Dhaka,Bangladesh.
    Posts
    16
    Quote Originally Posted by Werner P. Schulz View Post
    No, I never tried Debian Remastersys and I can not say, if it will do the job. But you told us, you have experience with Ubuntu Remastersys; therefore you will be able to solve all troubles which may occur with Debian Remastersys.

    With my scripts you need

    1. a Knoppix HD Installation (you allready have)
    2. a decompresses filesystem image at '/opt/knx/remaster' (will be done by the scripts)
    3. all the bootloader stuff at '/opt/knx/' (will be done by the scripts)
    4. repeat installation and purge of all programs and tools within the chroot jail, as you did within your HD Installation (it's your job)
    5. build the new ISO (will be done by the scripts)
    When I was trying your script in the first step "kn-prepare" it is asking for knoppix CD, now what will I do?

  9. #9
    Moderator Moderator
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Germany/ Dietzenbach
    Posts
    1,124
    ... it's all explained step by step on my page "summary.html". In case of error please tell me detailed, what didn't work.

  10. #10
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Dhaka,Bangladesh.
    Posts
    16
    Quote Originally Posted by Werner P. Schulz View Post
    ... it's all explained step by step on my page "summary.html". In case of error please tell me detailed, what didn't work.
    Here is the result of the " kn-prepare" command. I am trying to make my installed knoppix 6.7 with some extra packages from HDD. I am not using virtual box, and I have not put any cd in the ROM as well.

    mount: /dev/sr0: unknown device
    If CD can't be mounted
    please mount it within pcmanfm-filemanager

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot picture

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot

$285.90



1/ 10/ 100pcs USB 2.0 2GB, 4GB ,8GB ,16GB ,32GB ,64GB 128GB USB Flash Drives Lot picture

1/ 10/ 100pcs USB 2.0 2GB, 4GB ,8GB ,16GB ,32GB ,64GB 128GB USB Flash Drives Lot

$269.10



Microsoft Windows 11 Pro 64bit - New Sealed – Flash USB 1 PC picture

Microsoft Windows 11 Pro 64bit - New Sealed – Flash USB 1 PC

$49.99



2021 Full Version Office Professional Plus for 1 PC Flash USB Drive picture

2021 Full Version Office Professional Plus for 1 PC Flash USB Drive

$59.99



USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack picture

USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack

$826.09



USB Type-A Flash Drive Metal Memory Stick High Speed USB Drive 128GB 256GB 512GB picture

USB Type-A Flash Drive Metal Memory Stick High Speed USB Drive 128GB 256GB 512GB

$8.47



LOT 10x SanDisk 32GB ULTRA USB 3.0 flash drive SDCZ48-032G 32 GB read 100 MB/s picture

LOT 10x SanDisk 32GB ULTRA USB 3.0 flash drive SDCZ48-032G 32 GB read 100 MB/s

$39.80



Lot 5/10pcs USB Flash Drive Memory Stick 1MB-64GB Pendrive Thumb Drive 8GB 32GB picture

Lot 5/10pcs USB Flash Drive Memory Stick 1MB-64GB Pendrive Thumb Drive 8GB 32GB

$246.00



128GB USB 14-in-1 MacOS bootable Installer repair recovery tech support service picture

128GB USB 14-in-1 MacOS bootable Installer repair recovery tech support service

$39.99



Windows 11 Pro Install/Recovery/Repair USB Flash Drive picture

Windows 11 Pro Install/Recovery/Repair USB Flash Drive

$35.00