FWIW, no significant delay in normal (not pxe) use of dhcp.
Im booting Knoppix 6.7 via pxe. Once Knoppix starts to load I get delay in DHCP during boot. The sending dhcp message appears for quiet some time. Then knoppix goes about its boot. The unit has an ip from the pxe process. So my question is, is this a knoppix delay or my pxe server? Any ideas?
Thanks!
FWIW, no significant delay in normal (not pxe) use of dhcp.
So called normal use of DHCP within Knoppix doesnt begin until after X has started/loaded. Knoppix needs IP before X when pxe booting. I think it may be within minirt.gz the ini file itself. ?
I've contributed all I know for sure on this.
But if pxe needs IP early, why isn't the server providing it already?
Are you able to decode minirt.gz and read the init?
Yes, Ive just started to dig thru ini. I think DHCP server is confused by knoppix asking for an ip from the same mac addy that just requested ip?
FWIW,
In 6.4.4 my LiveUSB took almost 120 seconds to get on-line initially.
I finally disabled Network Manager and got down to about 55-or so seconds
using a primitive /etc/rc.local routine to get my wifi going.
In 6.7, there was no similar slow start to getting on-line in less than
a minute and no need to circumvent Network Manager.
Obviously either Knoppix or Network Manager must have changed between
6.4.4 and 6.7. If you don't find the answer in minirt.gz, then you might
see if there's some difference in NM that explains your situation.
Thanks for those ideas. I will post my findings. May take me a few days.

Samsung 860 EVO 2TB 2.5" SATA III 3D NAND SSD MZ-76E2T0 94-100% Health
$207.00
Samsung 24" S3 Essential IPS 100Hz Monitor | Sealed | Fast shipping
$50.00
Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot
$90.00
Samsung PM9C1A 256GB m.2 2280 SSD GEN4X4 NVME MZVL8256HDJD new Laptop PC
$34.99
RAM-HOL-SAM60CPU RAM USB-C Powered Dock for Samsung Tab Active5 - 3 - 2
$81.99
RAM-HOL-SAM52CPU RAM USB-C Powered Dock Samsung Tab Active4 Pro & Tab Active Pro
$81.99
Cell Phone Smartphone Computer repair banner poster sign iphone Samsung
$89.99
RAM-GDS-SKIN-SAM54-NG-1 RAM Mounts IntelliSkin® Next Gen for Samsung Tab Active4
$93.99
For Samsung Galaxy Tab A9+ Plus 11 inch 2023 Tempered Glass Screen Protector ...
$18.47
Samsung Galaxy Tab Active 3/ 64 gig/WIFI
$85.00