-
Senior Member
registered user
Thanks for your comments, Werner.

Originally Posted by
Werner P. Schulz
If you want short times for "recombine", why don't you use a free partition on HD as I described? The use of a second flash device is a lame duck.
I feel more comfortable NOT modifying the HD on my laptop.
The underlying Win7 system works very well, and I don't feel confident enough to repair it if I break it.
$19 provides a safer but slower means for me.
To use
Code:
cp -r UNIONFS /media/sdc2/knx
is not as versatile as
Code:
rsync -ax /UNIONFS/ $STOR/knx/recombine
"cp" doesn't offer the ability to exclude/include files and folders.
I noticed that in the excludes, but it doesn't seem you are saving many Mbs.
Is there something more important going on here?
The un-re-mastered compressed KNOPPIX is already as cloop within the directory /KNOPPIX/.
If that were de-compressed to /media/xxx/knx/recombine and then rsync-ed it would save
some time, I'd think.
My last question is, can we just compress UNIONFS directly, without making a mirror of it first?
Last edited by utu; 01-22-2012 at 05:27 PM.
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Intel Core i7-3770K 3.5 GHz Processor
$39.00

INTEL CORE I7-870 SLBJG 2.93GHZ LGA1156 4 CORE CPU PROCESSOR
$23.00

INTEL CORE I9-10940X X-SERIES PROCESSOR | 3.30GHZ | SRGSH
$179.99

(LOT OF 20) Intel Core i5-8400 CPU 2.80GHz Desktop Processor (SR3QT)
$700.00

Intel Core i5-12500T SRL5W 2GHz 18MB 6 Core Socket LGA1700 Desktop CPU Processor
$114.99

AMD Ryzen 5 5500 Processor ( read Description)
$59.00

Intel Core i7-9700 Octa-Core 3 GHz Desktop Processor LGA 1151
$79.99

Intel i7-8700 Coffee Lake 3.2GHz 6-Core Max Turbo 4.6GHz Processor
$67.99

INTEL CORE I9-10980XE PROCESSOR | 3.00GHZ | SRGSG
$299.99

PS5 Over Heating Problem Solver 1.5 Grams Liquid metal thermal paste CPU, GPU
$15.99