Results 1 to 10 of 41

Thread: Re-mastering Proof-of-Principle Effort

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Columbia, Maryland USA
    Posts
    1,631
    Thanks for your comments, Werner.

    Quote Originally Posted by Werner P. Schulz View Post
    If you want short times for "recombine", why don't you use a free partition on HD as I described? The use of a second flash device is a lame duck.
    I feel more comfortable NOT modifying the HD on my laptop.
    The underlying Win7 system works very well, and I don't feel confident enough to repair it if I break it.
    $19 provides a safer but slower means for me.

    To use
    Code:
    cp -r UNIONFS /media/sdc2/knx
    is not as versatile as
    Code:
    rsync -ax /UNIONFS/ $STOR/knx/recombine
    "cp" doesn't offer the ability to exclude/include files and folders.
    I noticed that in the excludes, but it doesn't seem you are saving many Mbs.
    Is there something more important going on here?

    The un-re-mastered compressed KNOPPIX is already as cloop within the directory /KNOPPIX/.
    If that were de-compressed to /media/xxx/knx/recombine and then rsync-ed it would save
    some time, I'd think.

    My last question is, can we just compress UNIONFS directly, without making a mirror of it first?
    Last edited by utu; 01-22-2012 at 05:27 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Vintage Pokemon 1999 Official Nintendo Squirtle Mouse Pad New In Factory Wrap picture

Vintage Pokemon 1999 Official Nintendo Squirtle Mouse Pad New In Factory Wrap

$35.00



Vintage HP Hewlett Packard 2112A 21MX 1000 M-Series 16-Bit Minicomputer picture

Vintage HP Hewlett Packard 2112A 21MX 1000 M-Series 16-Bit Minicomputer

$419.99



Vintage Jetway J-620BF Socket 370 Celeron AT Motherboard SiS 620 Brand New picture

Vintage Jetway J-620BF Socket 370 Celeron AT Motherboard SiS 620 Brand New

$75.00



Vintage 1986 Goldenrod Research Corp CP/M Desktop Computer Syste w/Keyboard picture

Vintage 1986 Goldenrod Research Corp CP/M Desktop Computer Syste w/Keyboard

$350.00



Vintage Motion Control AB Beehive Technologies ADB I/O Interface Apple Macintosh picture

Vintage Motion Control AB Beehive Technologies ADB I/O Interface Apple Macintosh

$239.99



Vintage 5.25

Vintage 5.25" Floppy Disk Drive Cleaning Kit Lot (1 Scotch 3M + 1 Verbatim) NOS⁠

$49.00



Apple Macintosh Boot Disk System [1.0 - 8.0] 400/800k/1.4 Floppy for Vintage Mac picture

Apple Macintosh Boot Disk System [1.0 - 8.0] 400/800k/1.4 Floppy for Vintage Mac

$14.75



Vintage Tandy Color Computer Print Master Software Manual & Floppy Disk Binder picture

Vintage Tandy Color Computer Print Master Software Manual & Floppy Disk Binder

$38.00



Vintage ECS Micro-ATX Desktop Case | Beige/Dark Grey | *READ* picture

Vintage ECS Micro-ATX Desktop Case | Beige/Dark Grey | *READ*

$80.00



Vintage Toshiba Satellite 4090XDVD Intel Celeron 400Mhz Retro - Powers up Cards picture

Vintage Toshiba Satellite 4090XDVD Intel Celeron 400Mhz Retro - Powers up Cards

$57.59