Results 1 to 10 of 41

Thread: Re-mastering Proof-of-Principle Effort

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    423
    Quote Originally Posted by vkrishn View Post
    Suggesting but not recommending:
    1. How about re-mounting knoppix-data.img as readonly.
    2. Then creating new Union with KNOPPIX and directly compressing the new Union.
    I think this procedure can be scripted.
    The way Knoppix-data.img file system is mounted/structured, you can't remount it as read-only, you will get 'busy' error.

  2. #2
    Member Blacksimon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Italy
    Posts
    93
    might be interesting to divide the script into a further function:
    1) rsync of Unions
    2) generate the compressed filesystem
    3) write to USB

    Between the first and second feature I'd like to manually edit some files or folders in case I notice that you have a problem ....

    Stupid silly example:
    I customized the splash screeen Compiz (splash_backgroung.png & splash_logo.png) with my logo
    I have placed in / KNOPPIX-DATA/usr/share/compiz and then I updated the path to two files in CompizConfig.
    Well, by mistake the name of the file that I used had two capital letters than the original ....
    result is that the new recombined Knoppix filesystem I found both the original file and my files ... and so I lost the customization ...
    In order to fix the problem I should start all over again by launching the script again ... with a huge waste of time

  3. #3
    Moderator Moderator
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Germany/ Dietzenbach
    Posts
    1,124
    Using your flash disk Installation with persistent memory you shall not edit '/KNOPPIX-DATA/'!

    In your "silly example" write your modifications to '/usr/share/compiz' not to '/KNOPPIX-DATA/usr/share/compiz' and use this path in CompizConfig.

    And before "recombine" Knoppix test your flash disk Installation as long as there are no errors.

    Greetings Werner * http://www.wp-schulz.de/knoppix/summary.html
    Own Rescue-CD (Knoppix V6.7.1 remaster).

  4. #4
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    23
    Quote Originally Posted by kl522 View Post
    The way Knoppix-data.img file system is mounted/structured, you can't remount it as read-only, you will get 'busy' error.
    Remounting of Knoppix-data.img seems to work in 6.4.4
    Only extra step was to create a new loop device.
    I can post the method if useful.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Lenovo ThinkPad L13 Yoga Touch Laptop 13.3” Core i5 8GB RAM 256GB SSD Win 11 Pro picture

Lenovo ThinkPad L13 Yoga Touch Laptop 13.3” Core i5 8GB RAM 256GB SSD Win 11 Pro

$239.99



Lenovo ThinkPad T14 Gen 2 i5-1145G7 16GB 512GB SSD Touch Win 11 Pro Good picture

Lenovo ThinkPad T14 Gen 2 i5-1145G7 16GB 512GB SSD Touch Win 11 Pro Good

$261.99



Lenovo ThinkPad L15 Gen 3 15.6

Lenovo ThinkPad L15 Gen 3 15.6" 16GB, Thunder Black

$241.50



Lenovo ThinkPad E14 Gen 2 Laptop 14” HD Ryzen 5 16GB RAM 512GB SSD Win 11 Pro picture

Lenovo ThinkPad E14 Gen 2 Laptop 14” HD Ryzen 5 16GB RAM 512GB SSD Win 11 Pro

$319.99



Lenovo ThinkPad E14 Gen 3 Laptop 14” FHD AMD Ryzen 5 16GB RAM 512GB SSD Win 11 picture

Lenovo ThinkPad E14 Gen 3 Laptop 14” FHD AMD Ryzen 5 16GB RAM 512GB SSD Win 11

$374.99



Lenovo ThinkPad L14 Gen 2 14

Lenovo ThinkPad L14 Gen 2 14" Laptop Core i5-1135G7 2.40GHz 8GB RAM 256GB SSD

$124.99



Lenovo ThinkPad T480s | i5-8350U | 256GB NVMe | 8GB RAM | W11 Pro | W/AC Adapter picture

Lenovo ThinkPad T480s | i5-8350U | 256GB NVMe | 8GB RAM | W11 Pro | W/AC Adapter

$169.99



Lenovo - IdeaPad Slim 3i 15.3

Lenovo - IdeaPad Slim 3i 15.3" 2K Touchscreen Laptop - Intel Core 7 350 2026 ...

$679.99



Lenovo ThinkPad L15 Gen 3 15.6

Lenovo ThinkPad L15 Gen 3 15.6" 16GB, Thunder Black

$241.50



Lenovo ThinkPad T14s Laptop 14” Laptop Core i5 8GB RAM 256GB SSD Windows 11 Pro picture

Lenovo ThinkPad T14s Laptop 14” Laptop Core i5 8GB RAM 256GB SSD Windows 11 Pro

$249.99