-

Originally Posted by
utu
Nice to have you back, Professor Forester.
Don't count on it.

Originally Posted by
utu
Are you acquainted with GvR?
No. I've lived in Flanders (and can recommend it) but I never met anyone called Gilles van Ruymbeke.

Originally Posted by
utu
... a new re-mastering thread I've started.
What yet another thread ? I haven't read all the others yet.
The long thread (that started on Knoppix 6.7.0 and wandered off topic) I read at times reminded me of the four blind men describing an elephant. I'd like to suggest that if you're going succeed in your efforts you will need to come up with a description that not only KK recognises as an elephant but that the great majority of Knoppix users, young and old, would recognise too.
And you should come up with the description before you try to make the elephant.
Too often (and I count myself among the guilty) folks go off and make something in the belief that when it is done it will be self-explanatory. Saves all that thinking, designing, explaining, and convincing that ought to go before the doing.
I think you need to define what you are doing before you start. A quick glance at your new thread and I see you've tried. Well done. But a second glance and I see it is all about 'how', not about, 'what' or even 'why'.
Am I making any sense ?
You start with:
Re-mastering will require many gigabytes to accomplish.
Oh.
Please don't give me any credit at all in your efforts. My effort was carefully construction NOT to require any external disk space. That was the only original contribution I made. The rest was plagiarised from elsewhere.
It was just another view of the elephant. Obviously not a popular one.

Originally Posted by
utu
Also, hope you'll help me get my homework corrected ...
Could you explain the special properties you attribute to ntfs-3g ? At the moment I only see a stick with two wrong ends. I'm sure there is a ramble of thread somewhere I could read if I wanted to get really confused but that wouldn't really help you.
Ciao.
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Dell 3KDWX PERC H755 12Gb/s SAS 8GB RAID Controller
$950.00

CalDigit VR minin 2 Portable Raid Storage On The Go
$75.00

OWC Mercury Elite Pro 2 Bay RAID Enclosure with USB 3.2 for Dual 3.5 inch HDDs
$87.99

Broadcom 9600-24i RAID Controller PCIe Gen 4.1 Tri-Mode NEW 05-50111-01004
$649.99

2-Bay/4-Bay Hard Drive Enclosure for 3.5"/2.5'' SATA HDD/SSD 10Gbps USB-C 3.2
$119.99

WAVLINK RAID 2 Bay Hard Drive Docking Station SATA 2.5/3.5'' SSD HDD Enclosure
$119.99

Acasis USB 3.2 2 Bay HDD RAID Enclosure for 2.5/3.5" SATA Drives External Array
$55.00

Broadcom LSI 9305-16i 12Gbps SAS-3 PCIe x8 HBA 16-Ports Raid Controller
$64.99

Intel VROC Premium RAID Controller Card PCIe Add-On Module VROCPREMMOD
$265.00

Areca ARC-1882IX-24 (16i4e)24-Port RAID Controller Card w/BBU /HDD Monitor Board
$300.00