@ Forester

I found your post #15 about 50% offensively trite with its Bilious excesS; and
about 25% recounting things as they are, but not news.
In the remainder, you glossed over two things important to what I am interested-in.
I would be interested in delving into these areas in a more, but not excruciatingly so,
level of detail:


The approach specifically is about remastering the compressed iso file only.
It does not include generating the final iso file that can be burnt to disk.
That could be added easily but requires 'additional' disk space and that is a problem.
A final USB product can be fabricated via cut-and-paste without 'additional' disk space,
if the required iso file and a replacement persistence file are available.



My way round this was to use squashfs because that's a one stage process with no pipe
and so doesn't require lots and lots of memory.
But squashfs isn't even an option in the Knoppix distribution.
Are you sure squashfs is not 'in' 6.7?
If not, how big a change would that be?
What are the elements of this change?