can anyone tell me if they have successfully loaded knoppix and got X to work with a s3 savage 2000? I have tried everything to no avail
can anyone tell me if they have successfully loaded knoppix and got X to work with a s3 savage 2000? I have tried everything to no avail
Not sure if this is of any help or not but I have had great results w/ Linux on an old Savage S3 w/ 4M. Knoppix automatically used the savage server. I presume you have already tried the cheat codes:
xmodule=s3
xmodule=savage
Sorry I can't be of more assistance.
i have tried both and neither worked...it tells me no suitable server is found for my card
Unfortunately my only suggestion is to boot with:
boot: vga=normal
Which of course is not what you really want to do. Does that card work with any other distros? Maybe a search on G4L will turn up something. gluck
I think you can get the latest s3 savage driver here. You have to download the tarball and compile the entire driver set and then copy the savage driver over. Can't say for sure it will work tho.
the card works fine with red hat 7.3...thanks for all your help, i will try the new drivers and get back to you
Which version of Xfree86 are you using on RH?

OPNsense pfSense 8-Core Atom C3758 2.2GHz 8GB DDR4 64GB SSD 8x NIC QAT AES VPN
$145.00
Zero Trace Pen: All-in-one Tor Network Anonymous Drive + Cryptocurrency Wallet
$147.00
OPNsense Firewall 16-Core Atom C3958 16GB DDR4 RAM 64GB SSD 8x 1Gbe QAT AES-NI
$195.00
Check Point 1590 Firewall & w builtin WiFI and builtin LTE sim slot
$95.99
Fortinet FortiGate 60F FG-60F UTM UTP License Until 2027 Network Security FW VPN
$229.99
Fortinet FortiGate 60F FG-60F Firewall Tested Reset Deregistered OEM PSU
$99.99
OPNsense pfSense 16-Core Atom C3958 16GB ECC RAM 512GB SSD 8-Port QAT AES-NI VPN
$258.00
Netgate SG-2100 pfSense Plus 26.07 Firewall VPN Router - Wiped, Fresh Install
$174.99
$170.00
Alta Labs Route10 10Gbps Router Firewall 2x SFP+ 4x 2.5GbE 2x PoE+
$174.99