Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: It's time for an LXDE upgrade

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Columbia, Maryland USA
    Posts
    1,631

    It's time for an LXDE upgrade

    .
    Don't you hate it when your digital clocks don't agree?
    Call up a terminal and type 'date'. Now look at your lxpanel.
    exactly a minute different except once a minute.

    https://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?id=109328

    If this problem was solved last November, how come Debian
    hasn't got wind of it yet? I was grousing about this in January.

    http://www.knoppix.net/forum/threads...ghlight=minute


    My Synaptic still has lxpanel 0.5.6;
    0.5.7 and 0.5.8 got as far as San Francisco last month.

    http://sourceforge.net/projects/lxde...op%20panel%29/


    Also, I see that PCLinuxOS has a bona fide LXDE menu editor and we don't.

    My Synaptic still has lxinput 0.1.1-3;
    0.3.1 has been out a couple of weeks now:

    http://blog.lxde.org/?tag=lxinput


    I think we're due for an upgrade to LXDE any time now.

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    423
    Quote Originally Posted by utu View Post
    .
    I think we're due for an upgrade to LXDE any time now.
    It's to do with what distribution you selected from synaptic. If you do this :-

    Setting-->Preferences-->Preferred Version from "unstable",
    ( Also depends on your /etc/apt/sources.lst )

    then you see that you can update to the latest. I don't know how debian transit the versions from unstable to stable eventually, but the packages move through multiple phases.

  3. #3
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Columbia, Maryland USA
    Posts
    1,631
    @ kl522

    Thanks for your response.
    I have all the repos that I know of checked.
    I am not aware what else I might do to improve on this.
    Having done so, none of my lx components show any upgrades possible.

    If you can post some repos you know of that have updates, I'd be grateful.

  4. #4
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    423
    Quote Originally Posted by utu View Post
    @ kl522

    Thanks for your response.
    I have all the repos that I know of checked.
    I am not aware what else I might do to improve on this.
    Having done so, none of my lx components show any upgrades possible.

    If you can post some repos you know of that have updates, I'd be grateful.
    Knoppix 6.7 has all the necessary repositories pre-configured. All you need to do is reload the package definition and go to the synaptic GUI to perform the settings according to my previous post.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot picture

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot

$285.90



Microsoft Office 2021 Pro Plus USB for 1PC Windows 10 & 11 picture

Microsoft Office 2021 Pro Plus USB for 1PC Windows 10 & 11

$62.50



TF/SD Card Adapter Camera Reader Android Type-c For iPhone17 Pro Max Plusm lot picture

TF/SD Card Adapter Camera Reader Android Type-c For iPhone17 Pro Max Plusm lot

$573.98



Dell Precision 3541 Laptop i5-9300H 2.4GHz 256GB SSD 16GB RAM Win 11 Pro picture

Dell Precision 3541 Laptop i5-9300H 2.4GHz 256GB SSD 16GB RAM Win 11 Pro

$189.99



128GB (4x32GB) SK hynix DDR4 PC4-2666V RDIMM ECC Server Ram HMA84GR7CJR4N-VK picture

128GB (4x32GB) SK hynix DDR4 PC4-2666V RDIMM ECC Server Ram HMA84GR7CJR4N-VK

$799.00



USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack picture

USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack

$826.09



USB 3.0 Micro SD SDHC TF Card Reader Memory Adapter for PC Laptop Camera lot picture

USB 3.0 Micro SD SDHC TF Card Reader Memory Adapter for PC Laptop Camera lot

$3.75



A-Tech 8GB DDR3 1600 PC3-12800 Laptop SODIMM 204-Pin Memory RAM PC3L DDR3L 1x 8G picture

A-Tech 8GB DDR3 1600 PC3-12800 Laptop SODIMM 204-Pin Memory RAM PC3L DDR3L 1x 8G

$21.68



Wholesale 5/10/100PCS 1GB 2GB 4GB 8GB 16GB 32GB USB 2.0 Flash Drive Memory Stick picture

Wholesale 5/10/100PCS 1GB 2GB 4GB 8GB 16GB 32GB USB 2.0 Flash Drive Memory Stick

$289.80



Microsoft Windows 11 Home 64-Bit USB Flash Drive + Key Retail Box - Original picture

Microsoft Windows 11 Home 64-Bit USB Flash Drive + Key Retail Box - Original

$39.88