-
Senior Member
registered user
Hidden gems in 6.7.1
.
There are some hidden gems in Knoppix that I like to
use occasionally. They are not on the LXDE menu now,
but you can easily remedy that with the two small
progams to follow.
Prepare two files with leafpad as root, place these
in /usr/share/applications and do a Control-Alt-Backspace
to activate them. I cheated by copying and editing htop.desktop.
#mc.desktop
# Provides a menu entry at Menu>System Tools
[Desktop Entry]
Version=1.0
Name=MidnightCommander
Type=Application
Comment=File Utility
Terminal=true
Exec=mc
Icon=mc
Categories=ConsoleOnly;System;
GenericName=Process Viewer
#alsamixer.desktop
# Provides a menu entry at Menu>System Tools
[Desktop Entry]
Version=1.0
Name=AlsaMixer
Type=Application
Comment=Audio controls
Terminal=true
Exec=alsamixer
Icon=alsamixer
Categories=ConsoleOnly;System;
GenericName=Process Viewer
I guess I shouldn't call them programs,
they're just text files.
Last edited by utu; 10-04-2011 at 03:27 AM.
-
Senior Member
registered user
ps.
I did not include comment lines, those beginning with #, in my own efforts.
I'm not sure they will be ignored.
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Refurbished Working 1960's Heathkit EC-1 Educational Electronic Analog Computer
$2999.99

Vintage George A Philbrick Researches Tube Analog Computer Module Serial 005503
$109.99

1969 EAI TR-20 Analog Computer Programming PACE Philbrick Electronic Associates
$36.00

Retro Working Macintosh SE SE30 Analog Board 820-0206-B 630-0147 w/Power Supply
$107.95

Vintage Goodyear Electronic GEDA Analog Computer Plug -- Extremely Rare
$179.00

Vintage 1970’s Analogic MP2110 10-Bit A/D Converter Computer Circuit Board
$24.99

Vintage Analog Computing Magazines For Atari Computer Owners No 11-20 Acceptable
$75.00

Vintage Early Week 12 1984 Apple Macintosh 128K Computer M0001 w/Analog Board+
$209.99

Rare Vintage CH Product Mach III Analog Joystick for Apple Mac
$35.00

VINTAGE Apple Unidisk Analog Card - Circa 1986 | P/N 820-0190-A
$22.67