Hi all,
I am new to the forum and here because I have been working on the same project for the past three days. Just today I learned of Knoppix, but I have done alot of research and I feel I have a good grasp on it.
Here's my problem: I purchased an Intel 6300 wifi card (from eBay thinking that I could save some money). Ofcourse the card has a PCI ID that is one digit off from passing the laptop's whitelist. I do however have another laptop without a whitelist that the card is currently in. Knoppix 6.7.0 boots without errors and detects the card (wlan0, I can connect to my wireless network). Yet ethool (root shell) is giving me problems. The two commands I need to use, "ethtool -e wlan0" and "ethtool -E wlan0..." give the error "Cannot get EEPROM data: Operation not supported".
What should I do? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Intel Core i7-3770K 3.5 GHz Processor
$39.00
Intel Core i7-8700 3.2 GHz 8 GT/s LGA 1151 Desktop CPU Processor SR3QS
$67.99
INTEL CORE I9-10940X X-SERIES PROCESSOR | 3.30GHZ | SRGSH
$179.99
Intel Core i5-4590T 2 GHz 5 GT/s LGA 1150 Desktop CPU Processor SR1S6
$10.99
Intel Core i5-12500T SRL5W 2GHz 18MB 6 Core Socket LGA1700 Desktop CPU Processor
$114.99
Intel Xeon E3-1230 v3 SR153 3.3GHz Quad Core LGA 1150 CPU Processor
$14.49
Intel Core i7-7700K SR33A 4.20GHz 4-Core LGA1151 CPU Processor
$62.95
Intel SR3XE Core i5-8500 3.0GHz 9M Socket 1151 6-Core CPU Processor *Tested*
$32.99
Lenovo ThinkCentre M920s SFF Barebones PC Motherboard PSU DVD No CPU RAM SSD
$27.99
Intel 6th Gen Core i7-6700K 4.0GHz (Turbo 4.2GHz) 4-Core LGA1151 CPU SR2L0
$38.00