-
ELSA External Modem
Hi There
Can anybody tell me how to get my ELSA Microlink Modem working?
Knoppix finds the modem and I can dial up my ISP but It does not connect I get error 10 & 19 unalbe to read /var/ !
Do I need to set up my country first on the modem or is it not possible to run a modem using Knoppix CD?
-
Senior Member
registered user
Re: ELSA External Modem

Originally Posted by
DavidTempler
Hi There
Can anybody tell me how to get my ELSA Microlink Modem working?
Knoppix finds the modem and I can dial up my ISP but It does not connect I get error 10 & 19 unalbe to read /var/ !
Do I need to set up my country first on the modem or is it not possible to run a modem using Knoppix CD?

Definitely possible to use a modem with Knoppix. How is your modem connected? Serial? USB? Always give some details.
Have you tried any of the modem config tools from the menu?
How about the search function here on the site?
Sorry but I wouldn't expect too much assistance from me- I haven't used a modem in many years and I've probably forgotten more than I knew.
-
Modem Install
Hi again,
I have a serial external modem I could not connect at the time (I have a feeling its a server thing)
Now I have Web & Email up and running.......
I wish there could be doc. on Modems it would save a lot of hassle ( I do not seem to be alone on this...)
Now that I have Sound Screen & Modem I would like to install Linux fully....
Thanks Again for your Time
Dave
-
Senior Member
registered user
Re: Modem Install

Originally Posted by
DavidTempler
Hi again,
I have a serial external modem I could not connect at the time (I have a feeling its a server thing)
Now I have Web & Email up and running.......
I wish there could be doc. on Modems it would save a lot of hassle ( I do not seem to be alone on this...)
Now that I have Sound Screen & Modem I would like to install Linux fully....
Thanks Again for your Time
Dave

Some documentation on modems you say? That is a good idea. IMHO it would be best written by:
A) Somone who uses a modem.
B) Someone who had to work at it a little to figure it out.
So now that you've got it working are you not going to tell us how you did it? Think about this:
Mr. X boots Knoppix. Everything is great except- his Micromodem won't work. Mr. X (being the good Linux user that he is) does a search and lo and behold there it is! A post about his own modem but wait! There isn't an answer at the end of the one and only post about Micromodems. You see where I'm going with this right?
Perhaps you were not aware that anybody can write docs on this site. It is called a wiki- check it out and see if you can contribute in some way. You could start small and others could add to it and in time.......well we might just have another great how-to for modem users.
-
Wiki
Message understood over & out
-
hey
i have exactyly the same porblem and i have exactly the same modem
caould uy please tell me how u fixed it?
-
Elsa Modem
Hi , can you tell me about your problem & I may be able to help ....
I have got my modem working but under 3.2 I cannot save settings for internet , so i have to enter then every time I boot Knoppix
-
its on com2
i enterin all my acounts
qwery the modem
when i connect it dials
but does not ortharise and gives exit vals 10 & 19
i havent got any drivers for it
and it is knoppix 3.2 think
(it came free on julys pc format)
-
modem
jammers in KPPP go set up ,query modem does it show the name of your modem if it does then you have the correct device....as for drivers you need none (thats the beauty of ex.modems)
the only settings I needed to get my modem running was phone number log in ( name) & password leave all others alone ....
-
i mannaged to get it
i used PAP and it worked (i had used it b4
and i didnt work) must of been there problem
thanx for hte help
Similar Threads
-
By bako in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 10
Last Post: 04-21-2005, 11:29 PM
-
By Cuddles in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 5
Last Post: 01-02-2004, 02:19 AM
-
By DavidTempler in forum Networking
Replies: 2
Last Post: 06-18-2003, 10:27 AM
-
By sopo in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 05-29-2003, 11:40 AM
-
By in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 12-26-2002, 07:20 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack
$826.09

TF/SD Card Adapter Camera Reader Android Type-c For iPhone17 Pro Max Plusm lot
$573.98

LOTS of 2 Samsung 8GB (8x2 16GB) DDR5 RAM Memory M435R1GB4PB1-CCPSG PC5-6400B
$150.99

Microsoft Office 2021 Pro Plus USB for 1PC Windows 10 & 11
$62.55

LOT 32x Hynix 64gb PC4-2666V 4DRx4 DDR4 ECC LRDIMM Memory HMAA8GL7CPR4N-VK PARTS
$8000.00

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot
$285.90

(8) Micron 32GB DDR4 ECC RDIMM PC4-2933Y Server Memory MTA36ASF4G72PZ *TESTED*
$1599.00

SK Hynix 16GB 2Rx8 DDR4-2400T Reg ECC Server RAM HMA82GR7AFR8N-UH (32GB/2) Lot 2
$157.50

MICRON MTA36ASF4G72PZ-2G6D1 32GB PC4-21300R DDR4-2666V RDIMM 2RX4 MEMORY DIMM
$139.99

1/ 10/ 100pcs USB 2.0 2GB, 4GB ,8GB ,16GB ,32GB ,64GB 128GB USB Flash Drives Lot
$202.50