Results 1 to 10 of 18

Thread: Phew. Can we please get rid of that forced moderation for new members' posts?

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Moderator Moderator
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Germany/ Dietzenbach
    Posts
    1,124
    Please have a look at Cheatcodes and test the integrity of your download with "md5sum" and of the burned CD with the cheatcode
    Code:
    knoppix testcd
    If you get no errors tell us more about your machine; for a modern Linux like Knoppix you need at least 500MB RAM - better is 1-2 GB.
    Last edited by Werner P. Schulz; 06-07-2014 at 07:46 AM.

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by Werner P. Schulz View Post
    Please have a look at Cheatcodes and test the integrity of your download with ...........

    ....; for a modern Linux like Knoppix you need at least 500MB RAM - better is 1-2 GB.
    First, I did not mean to imply that I did any download. I said...My new CD. This is because I bought the CD from SourceForge, to be delivered. And it boots on WinXP but my interest is a non-booting AT machine w/Win98, 756MB RAM. I am a Windows user who is looking for the Alternative. I bought the CD because of all the wild claims from the development team about fitting and working on older computers. But I see you personally incourage newer hardware. I think you call mine from the "Last Century". Oh-well.
    ...... I did read the cheat codes and tried a few before signing up on this forum. Trouble was...too little info about each code and how to use them.

    To continue.......where I can ask why my new Knoppix CD gits, "LZMA" error trying to boot up on my AT machine?
    Thank you

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


2-Bay/4-Bay Hard Drive Enclosure for 3.5

2-Bay/4-Bay Hard Drive Enclosure for 3.5"/2.5'' SATA HDD/SSD 10Gbps USB-C 3.2

$75.99



OWC Mercury Elite Pro 2 Bay RAID Enclosure with USB 3.2  for Dual 3.5 inch HDDs picture

OWC Mercury Elite Pro 2 Bay RAID Enclosure with USB 3.2 for Dual 3.5 inch HDDs

$87.99



Broadcom 9600-24i Tri-Mode RAID Controller 4.0 NVMe SAS SATA NEW 05-50111-01003 picture

Broadcom 9600-24i Tri-Mode RAID Controller 4.0 NVMe SAS SATA NEW 05-50111-01003

$639.69



Adaptec ASR-71605 16-Port 1Gbps PCIe RAID Card High Profile picture

Adaptec ASR-71605 16-Port 1Gbps PCIe RAID Card High Profile

$18.49



WAVLINK RAID 2 Bay Hard Drive Docking Station SATA 2.5/3.5'' SSD HDD Enclosure picture

WAVLINK RAID 2 Bay Hard Drive Docking Station SATA 2.5/3.5'' SSD HDD Enclosure

$119.99



Acasis USB 3.2 2 Bay HDD RAID Enclosure for 2.5/3.5

Acasis USB 3.2 2 Bay HDD RAID Enclosure for 2.5/3.5" SATA Drives External Array

$55.00



Broadcom LSI 9305-16i 12Gbps SAS-3 PCIe x8 HBA 16-Ports Raid Controller picture

Broadcom LSI 9305-16i 12Gbps SAS-3 PCIe x8 HBA 16-Ports Raid Controller

$64.99



Dell PowerEdge HBA330 LP PCI-E 12GBs RAID SAS Controller Adapter J7TNV picture

Dell PowerEdge HBA330 LP PCI-E 12GBs RAID SAS Controller Adapter J7TNV

$18.95



Intel VROC Premium RAID Controller Card PCIe Add-On Module VROCPREMMOD picture

Intel VROC Premium RAID Controller Card PCIe Add-On Module VROCPREMMOD

$265.00



CalDigit VR minin 2 Portable Raid Storage On The Go picture

CalDigit VR minin 2 Portable Raid Storage On The Go

$75.00