-
Quad booting - Win98 + XP + Mandrake + Knoppix
Hi,
Please can anyone help with this?
I have just installed Knoppix 3.2 on my 2nd hard drive which already has Mandrake 9.1 on it with Lilo working nicely with Win98 + XP on my main hard drive.
I opted to install Lilo again during the Knoppix install but there is only one Linux entry ( the Mandrake install ) listed in the Lilo boot screen. I also made a boot floppy so I can access the install no problem.
Do I have to edit the Mandrake lilo config file and add an entry for the Knoppix install location?
I'm not sure how to do this, can I have 2 Linux entries or does each have some sort of linked entry?
What I would like to have is one listing for Mandrake and one for Knoppix.
My drives are partitioned as follows:-
hda ---- various Windows partitions
hdb1 ---- Mandrake Root
hdb5 ---- Mandrake Swap
hdb6 ---- Mandrake Home
hdb7 ---- Knoppix Swap
hdb8 ---- Knoppix Root
I am still a Newbie ( after 2 years playing with Linux!! ) so please forgive anything above which may seem daft!
Thanks.
-
Junior Member
registered user
hi,
try editing /etc/lilo.conf in your mandrake:
add the lines:
Code:
other=/dev/hdb8
label="Knoppix"
after that run:
lilo
,I guess reboot and your problem is solved ..
Similar Threads
-
By rrfish72 in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 11-14-2004, 10:53 PM
-
By silence in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 08-11-2004, 09:21 AM
-
By lightstorm in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 12-05-2003, 03:07 AM
-
By Muka in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 11-14-2003, 03:56 PM
-
By NewbieEd in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 08-20-2003, 02:31 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Original Vintage Old Style STANDARD Black CD Jewel Case (Heavy Duty) 90g Lot
$316.95

🔥 RARE VINTAGE HP 2112A 21MX M-SERIES 16-BIT MINICOMPUTER HP
$299.99

🔥 RARE VINTAGE HP 2113A 21MX 1000 E-SERIES MINICOMPUTER CHASSIS BACKPLANE
$249.00

Vintage Jetway J-620BF Socket 370 Celeron AT Motherboard SiS 620 Brand New
$75.00

Huge Lot of Vintage Computer Brochures, Catalogs, etc. - 1980's - SEE PICS
$100.00

Vintage Software - Ultimate Flight Pack, Ultima Online, School House Rock Mac PC
$33.00

Apple Extended Keyboard II Vintage Keyboard with Original Box & Cable
$110.00

Vintage 2006 Juicy Couture House of Juicy Velour Laptop Sleeve Y2K NWT Rare
$199.99

Vintage Microsoft Visual Studio.NET Professional Software suite Version 2002 New
$82.00

Lot of 2 Vintage Plextor PX-43CS SCSI CD-ROM Caddy Drives + 4 Caddies Used
$55.99