hi,
try editing /etc/lilo.conf in your mandrake:
add the lines:
after that run:Code:other=/dev/hdb8 label="Knoppix"
lilo
,I guess reboot and your problem is solved ..![]()
Hi,
Please can anyone help with this?
I have just installed Knoppix 3.2 on my 2nd hard drive which already has Mandrake 9.1 on it with Lilo working nicely with Win98 + XP on my main hard drive.
I opted to install Lilo again during the Knoppix install but there is only one Linux entry ( the Mandrake install ) listed in the Lilo boot screen. I also made a boot floppy so I can access the install no problem.
Do I have to edit the Mandrake lilo config file and add an entry for the Knoppix install location?
I'm not sure how to do this, can I have 2 Linux entries or does each have some sort of linked entry?
What I would like to have is one listing for Mandrake and one for Knoppix.
My drives are partitioned as follows:-
hda ---- various Windows partitions
hdb1 ---- Mandrake Root
hdb5 ---- Mandrake Swap
hdb6 ---- Mandrake Home
hdb7 ---- Knoppix Swap
hdb8 ---- Knoppix Root
I am still a Newbie ( after 2 years playing with Linux!! ) so please forgive anything above which may seem daft!
Thanks.
hi,
try editing /etc/lilo.conf in your mandrake:
add the lines:
after that run:Code:other=/dev/hdb8 label="Knoppix"
lilo
,I guess reboot and your problem is solved ..![]()

Fully Refurbished Commodore 64 + Original Box | Recapped, Tested, Guaranteed
$299.00
Pi1541 Zero with Epyx Fastload Hat, Case & 16gb SD for Commodore 64 and 128
$79.99
TeensyROM+ TR+ v0.4 Cartridge for C64/128 - w/ Case & 32GB SD Preloaded
$89.50
Commodore 64 Dead Test & Diagnostic Cartridge & Test Harness Set - USA seller
$39.99
Commodore SX-64 Personal Computer
$600.00
Commodore 64 Serial Cable 6PIN DIN 1541 1571 C64 128 C128 Disk Drive Printer USA
$10.49
Commodore 1541 Emulator PI1541 HAT with ROTARY, OLED screen, USA Seller
$29.99
SOLD AS IS Lot of 5.25" Floppy Disks w/ Games & Software? Commodore 64 Atari 800
$59.99
Commodore OS USB | Bootable LIVE + Install | The Ultimate Gaming Linux OS | NEW
$11.99
RARE Commodore MPS801 Printer - 1st printer for the 64 - powers on
$70.00