Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Quad booting - Win98 + XP + Mandrake + Knoppix

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Posts
    1

    Quad booting - Win98 + XP + Mandrake + Knoppix

    Hi,

    Please can anyone help with this?

    I have just installed Knoppix 3.2 on my 2nd hard drive which already has Mandrake 9.1 on it with Lilo working nicely with Win98 + XP on my main hard drive.

    I opted to install Lilo again during the Knoppix install but there is only one Linux entry ( the Mandrake install ) listed in the Lilo boot screen. I also made a boot floppy so I can access the install no problem.

    Do I have to edit the Mandrake lilo config file and add an entry for the Knoppix install location?
    I'm not sure how to do this, can I have 2 Linux entries or does each have some sort of linked entry?
    What I would like to have is one listing for Mandrake and one for Knoppix.
    My drives are partitioned as follows:-

    hda ---- various Windows partitions

    hdb1 ---- Mandrake Root
    hdb5 ---- Mandrake Swap
    hdb6 ---- Mandrake Home

    hdb7 ---- Knoppix Swap
    hdb8 ---- Knoppix Root

    I am still a Newbie ( after 2 years playing with Linux!! ) so please forgive anything above which may seem daft!

    Thanks.

  2. #2
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    18
    hi,
    try editing /etc/lilo.conf in your mandrake:
    add the lines:
    Code:
    other=/dev/hdb8
      label="Knoppix"
    after that run:
    lilo
    ,I guess reboot and your problem is solved ..

Similar Threads

  1. Help booting mandrake install with grub...
    By rrfish72 in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-14-2004, 10:53 PM
  2. Dual booting Win98, SuSE and Knoppix
    By silence in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-11-2004, 09:21 AM
  3. Triple booting WinXP,Win98 and Knoppix3.3 Poorman's install
    By lightstorm in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-05-2003, 03:07 AM
  4. Knoppix over Mandrake
    By Muka in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-14-2003, 03:56 PM
  5. bootloader question for win98, Mandrake and Knoppix
    By NewbieEd in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-20-2003, 02:31 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


2-Bay/4-Bay Hard Drive Enclosure for 3.5

2-Bay/4-Bay Hard Drive Enclosure for 3.5"/2.5'' SATA HDD/SSD 10Gbps USB-C 3.2

$75.99



Intel VROC Premium RAID Controller Card PCIe Add-On Module VROCPREMMOD picture

Intel VROC Premium RAID Controller Card PCIe Add-On Module VROCPREMMOD

$265.00



Broadcom 9600-24i Tri-Mode RAID Controller 4.0 NVMe SAS SATA NEW 05-50111-01003 picture

Broadcom 9600-24i Tri-Mode RAID Controller 4.0 NVMe SAS SATA NEW 05-50111-01003

$639.69



OWC Mercury Elite Pro 2 Bay RAID Enclosure with USB 3.2  for Dual 3.5 inch HDDs picture

OWC Mercury Elite Pro 2 Bay RAID Enclosure with USB 3.2 for Dual 3.5 inch HDDs

$87.99



WAVLINK RAID 2 Bay Hard Drive Docking Station SATA 2.5/3.5'' SSD HDD Enclosure picture

WAVLINK RAID 2 Bay Hard Drive Docking Station SATA 2.5/3.5'' SSD HDD Enclosure

$119.99



Dell PowerEdge HBA330 LP PCI-E 12GBs RAID SAS Controller Adapter J7TNV picture

Dell PowerEdge HBA330 LP PCI-E 12GBs RAID SAS Controller Adapter J7TNV

$18.95



Acasis USB 3.2 2 Bay HDD RAID Enclosure for 2.5/3.5

Acasis USB 3.2 2 Bay HDD RAID Enclosure for 2.5/3.5" SATA Drives External Array

$55.00



Broadcom LSI 9305-16i 12Gbps SAS-3 PCIe x8 HBA 16-Ports Raid Controller picture

Broadcom LSI 9305-16i 12Gbps SAS-3 PCIe x8 HBA 16-Ports Raid Controller

$64.99



Adaptec ASR-71605 16-Port 1Gbps PCIe RAID Card High Profile picture

Adaptec ASR-71605 16-Port 1Gbps PCIe RAID Card High Profile

$18.49



CalDigit VR minin 2 Portable Raid Storage On The Go picture

CalDigit VR minin 2 Portable Raid Storage On The Go

$75.00