-
Knoppix and i386
Hi all,
I'm trying to get ANY distro onto a C3 based board but keep coming up against the CMOV issue, everyone is still compiling for i686 and labelling as i386 it seems. Is knoppix doing the same and is there a version compiled without the requirement for CMOV or am I basically forced into junking this board?
Cheers!
-
Senior Member
registered user

Originally Posted by
coyoteboy
Hi all,
I'm trying to get ANY distro onto a C3 based board but keep coming up against the CMOV issue, everyone is still compiling for i686 and labelling as i386 it seems. Is knoppix doing the same and is there a version compiled without the requirement for CMOV or am I basically forced into junking this board?
Cheers!
Knoppix is compiled for 486, as you can see from the kernel config file.
-
OK, cheers - so from what I can tell i486 should run fine on an eden processor without cmov etc. Thanks, I didn't want to download the ISO to check the config file (limited bandwidth) and wasn't sure where to find an example of it outside there.
Ta
Tags for this Thread
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Samsung T5 EVO 4TB Portable SSD USB 3.2 External
$300.00

Samsung T7 Portable SSD (MU-PC2T0T) 2TB Gray USB-C
$252.00

Samsung Galaxy Tab A7 Lite 8.7in 64GB 4GB of RAM Android Wi-Fi Tablet Black
$64.95

(Lot Of 10) 8GB DDR4 RAM 1Rx8 SODIMM Laptop Memory Mix Speed Mix Brand
$299.99

RAM-HOL-SAM60CPU RAM USB-C Powered Dock for Samsung Tab Active5 - 3 - 2
$81.99

RAM-HOL-SAM52CPU RAM USB-C Powered Dock Samsung Tab Active4 Pro & Tab Active Pro
$81.99

Cell Phone Smartphone Computer repair banner poster sign iphone Samsung
$89.99

RAM-GDS-SKIN-SAM54-NG-1 RAM Mounts IntelliSkin® Next Gen for Samsung Tab Active4
$93.99

For Samsung Monitor Main Board Replacement Part, MPN BN96-53430B
$300.00

Samsung Galaxy Tab S9 FE 10.9" 128GB WiFi SM-X510 Silver - Read Description
$170.99