-
Knoppix and i386
Hi all,
I'm trying to get ANY distro onto a C3 based board but keep coming up against the CMOV issue, everyone is still compiling for i686 and labelling as i386 it seems. Is knoppix doing the same and is there a version compiled without the requirement for CMOV or am I basically forced into junking this board?
Cheers!
-
Senior Member
registered user

Originally Posted by
coyoteboy
Hi all,
I'm trying to get ANY distro onto a C3 based board but keep coming up against the CMOV issue, everyone is still compiling for i686 and labelling as i386 it seems. Is knoppix doing the same and is there a version compiled without the requirement for CMOV or am I basically forced into junking this board?
Cheers!
Knoppix is compiled for 486, as you can see from the kernel config file.
-
OK, cheers - so from what I can tell i486 should run fine on an eden processor without cmov etc. Thanks, I didn't want to download the ISO to check the config file (limited bandwidth) and wasn't sure where to find an example of it outside there.
Ta
Tags for this Thread
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

IBM 3270 Keyboard Beam Spring - With Manual - Vintage Rare Beamspring
$3000.00

Vintage Epson Apex Plus AP3001A Dual 360K Disk Drives PC w/ Epson Apex Keyboard
$249.95

Vintage Retro Cyrix 6x86 133mhz 32mb RAM Floppy Combo
$299.00

Vintage Memorex Telex 122-Key AT Terminal Keyboard 96550264
$100.00

Vintage PC sleeper case 2000 Pentium 4 full tower 6 drive bays
$59.99

Vintage Commodore 64 Computer Mouse
$79.99

Vintage PPI Super Sketch G2400 for Texas Instruments TI99/4A
$150.00

Rare Vintage Nec Mobile Gear II MC R430 Computer Japanese Windows Ce
$299.99

Vintage IBM WebSphere Studio 3.5 New Sealed
$100.00

Sanyo DM 5012CM Solid State Data Display Monitor Working Vintage 1980s 80s
$169.99