-
Senior Member
registered user
Nice work, Werner.
I used DVD media to burn mz 798 Mb iso.
Successful with a minor difficultz, as zou can see.
Ich spreche Deutsch nicht.
Mein bookmarks are in English, but not mz menus.
Mein kezboard has yeds where I expect wzes.
All mz wifi nrs and passwords are intact.
A marvelous new capabilitz zou have created.
Danke. This is what I was looking for.
Zou should call up Klaus right awaz.
-
Successful with a minor difficultz, as zou can see.
I see 
Follow the step from my suggestions: "Make changes in the file '/opt/knx/knoppix/boot/isolinux/knoppix.menu' as you need for my Bootmenu, especially within all "lang=.." and "tz=.." items of the "Append"-lines."
-
Senior Member
registered user
Hey, Werner
Coming to you from a new LiveUSB product made from
my German-speaking remastered CD.
I taught the LiveUSB English in minutes.
Now my zeds and wyes are where I expect them to be.
I edited the APPEND line 'lang=de' to lang=us' after boot
in /mnt-system/boot/syslinux/knoppix.menu.
This might have been a little easier if your otherwise nice menu
offered, as well, a knoppix-cheatcode-entering option.
There are likely other reasons this might be a good additional
option, I think.
And, again congratulations on such an elegant addition to Knoppix.
-
... there is already an option to enter cheatcodes: below the line "Boot from HD"
-
Senior Member
registered user
Not very usable if lang= has already changed the keyboard map.
A cursor-selection-list would probably be required to solve this
problem without going back and re-doing the CD as you suggest.
That's too much to ask.
I withdraw the cheatcode suggestion, it detracts from the general
plan you have established.
-
I edited the APPEND line 'lang=de' to lang=us' after boot
in /mnt-system/boot/syslinux/knoppix.menu.
Yes, in a flash-disk Installation with persistent memory you can edit this file, but in my proposal of remaster, you have to edit '/opt/knx/knoppix/boot/isolinux/knoppix.menu'.
To prevent to vaste time and CDs I sugest: "Copy the new ISO to the isoimages-directory of VirtualBox and test your new remastered ISO. If all went well burn ISO to CD."
Not very usable if lang= has already changed the keyboard map.
Why that? While startup Knoppix looks for any existing cheatcodes. If the cheatcode
Code:
boot: knoppix lang=us
is found, Knoppix will use it; otherwise the item in the Append line is selected.
Greetings Werner * http://www.wp-schulz.de/knoppix/summary.html
Own Rescue-CD with Knoppix (Knoppix V6.7.0 remaster)
-
Senior Member
registered user
Greetings, again, Werner.
I have another aspect to call to your attention.
I am not positive, but I think it is the case, that if one uses
Synaptic to remove programs from the remaster, that the resultant iso
may actually increase in size, rather than decrease.
I have not tried your approach for removing programs, to see if this
is the case for your method as well.
If there is some difference between doing the program removal via
Synaptic or via your method, then there surely must be some adjustment to
using Synaptic that would serve just as well. Perhaps reloading or using
'clean' or some such already built-in feature of Synaptic.
Have your already run into this phenomenon?
-
Senior Member
registered user
ps. Where do I find the equal sign on a German keyboard?
-
You get '=' with 'shift 0' on german keyboard.
If you remove packages with Synaptic or with aptitude, they are gone from their directory, for example '/usr/bin/gimp'. Synaptic and aptitude/apt uses '/var/cache/apt' and '/var/lib/apt'. Parts of this remains in the HD Installation, but will be omitted in the new ISO. Have a look in the script 'kn-rsync'.
Therefore it doesn't make a difference using Synaptic or aptitude in aspect of the size of the ISO.
-
Senior Member
registered user
Greetings, Werner.
Is there any problem using your remastering scripts for 6.7.1,
other than the logo on the opening screen?
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Vintage Apple USB Mouse M4848 Bondi Blue iMac G3 Hockey Puck - Tested Working
$22.99

Vintage Apple Color RGB Color Monitor A2M6014. Used.
$199.99

Vintage Apple Computer Macintosh Rainbow Logo Decal Stickers – 4 Sheets of 4
$99.99

Vintage Apple Mac OS 9 Retail Box 1999 Sherlock 2 Original CD Manuals
$50.00

Vintage Apple USB Mouse M4848 Lime Green iMac G3 Hockey Puck - Tested Working
$59.99

Lot of 3 VIntage Apple Computer Rainbow Logo Sticker Decal Macintosh 1980s NOS
$7.00

Apple Computer cards Super Serial SCSI AST -Orange Micro ++ Vintage 1980's
$169.00

Apple IIe Vintage Personal Computer A2S2064
$199.99

Apple cloth fabric banner iBook tangerine orange New Old Stock Vintage
$99.00

Vintage Apple Multiple Scan 15av Display Monitor M4681
$299.99