-
In the example I described, the persistent memory is only on partition #2.
I don't know, if it is possible to boot more then one KNOPPIX/KNOPPIX on different partitions with syslinux. Syslinux offers an multiboot option with "mboot.32", but I never tried it.
-
Senior Member
registered user
Hello, again, Werner.
Partition #2 in your example is only 1 GB to start with.
KNOPPIX will use at least 700Mb of that.
This leaves precious little for persistence in partition #2, anyway.
I would have thought the proportions would be the other way around
1 Gb in #1 and 3 Gb in #2 if #2 also get the persistence file.
Am I missing something here?
ps.. I liked your screen shot of the missing LXDE menu.
It looks like Halloween came early in Dietzenbach.
-
It is only an example. Each user can create the partitions as he like. And for rescue purpose I think it is better to have as much free space on a USB stick or an USB drive as possible to store stuff like "Documents" from a violated OS.
I liked your screen shot of the missing LXDE menu.
It looks like Halloween came early in Dietzenbach.
Halloween is only one night; but this error torments me since many days
-
After "Prepare remaster environment", I see:
Edit all items of 'lang= ' and 'tz= ' as you need within
the file '/opt/knx/knoppix/boot/isolinux/knoppix.menu'!
While trying to follow the advice, I noticed the following in knoppix.menu:
If my keyboard is more of the US-persuasion, is there a recommended course of action?
-
I went ahead and removed the KBDMAP line and so far haven't noticed any ill effects.
On a separate note, for some reason, /etc/init.d/knoppix-autoconfig didn't appear in its appropriate location under the remaster directory. When I booted the resulting ISO, I noticed a message about not finding knoppix-autoconfig and neither the keyboard nor the pointing device appeared to work (at least, not under X).
Subsequently, I manually copied knoppix-autoconfig to /opt/knx/remaster/etc/init.d/ and rebuilt the ISO, and the result appears to behave much better.
I thought I had just followed the instructions at the "Summary: Own Rescue-CD with Knoppix" page -- using VirtualBox, checking the KNOPPIX CD checksum, etc.). Is there any information I might provide to try to understand what might have gone awry?
-
If you have a non-German version of Knoppix look at '/usr/share/kn-knoppix/save/isolinux.cfg' which item to use for "KBDMAP". Please tell me what you found there.
Greetings Werner
-
Thanks for your response and help.
I am using a non-German version of Knoppix (EN). Searching for KBDMAP within /usr/share/kn-knoppix/save/isolinux.cfg yielded one line:
Code:
# KBDMAP german.kbd
When attempting to edit an entry in the boot menu, I noticed that slash "/" was not where I expected it so I created a file named us.kbd via the keytab-lilo.pl script that comes with lilo. I replaced the german.kbd file with the resulting us.kbd and placed the following line in the .cfg file:
This seemed to produce more familiar behavior.
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

VINTAGE Apple 3.5 Drive External 3½" Floppy Drive DB-19 Beige | P/N A9M0106
$159.00

Vintage Apple Color RGB Color Monitor A2M6014. Used.
$199.99

VINTAGE Apple 3.5 Drive External 3½" Floppy Drive DB-19 Beige | P/N A9M0106
$159.00

Vintage Apple USB Mouse M4848 Bondi Blue iMac G3 Hockey Puck - Tested Working
$22.99

Vintage Apple Keyboard II M0487 Vintage Mac ADB Keyboard 1990 Malaysia
$32.40

Vintage Apple Computer Macintosh Rainbow Logo Decal Stickers – 4 Sheets of 4
$99.99

Vintage Apple USB Mouse M4848 Lime Green iMac G3 Hockey Puck - Tested Working
$59.99

Apple Computer cards Super Serial SCSI AST -Orange Micro ++ Vintage 1980's
$169.00

Vintage Apple Multiple Scan 15av Display Monitor M4681
$299.99

Apple iMac G3 Blueberry M5521 CRT Desktop Vintage Bondi Blue **PLEASE READ**
$199.99