Well, I settled on Pan which is a pretty good clone of Agent.
Any suggestions for a LINUX news client (USENET) that supports yenc?
Well, I settled on Pan which is a pretty good clone of Agent.
This looks to be the Linux equivalent to Agent so I am very interested in this piece of software.Originally Posted by monkeyman
How did the install go???? Which version of KNOPPIX are you using?
Did you use the one from the apt-get sources or a source install?
The reason I ask is the need for the various GNOME libraries for this software to run.
Thanks.
I just downloaded the .deb and installed it. Worked right off the bat and any dependent files you might need are right there on the download page, but I didn't need them. Pan works great and handles binairies very well, which makes this J-Pop fan very happy.
-edit:
Ooops! The Knoppix version I am using is the 3.2 060603 version.
PAN has worked very well everytime I've used it in the past. apt-get pan or goto the homepage.

READ - UNTESTED Apple Macintosh PowerBook 160 M4550 Vintage Laptop
$299.00
Apple Macintosh Classic M1420 Vintage Desktop Computer Model Macintosh Classic
$100.00
Apple Computer cards VTG 670-8020-B 607-0103-C 607-0291-C AST -Orange Micro ++
$169.00
READ - Vintage Apple Macintosh SE/30 - Boots
$850.00
Vintage 1983 Apple II ProDOS User's Kit Computer Software NEW SEALED A2D2010
$64.95
Vintage Apple II Avant-Garde Creations Super Shape Draw And Animate 1981
$295.00
Vintage Apple iBook G3 12.1” 500MHz 2001 Restored, SSD Upgraded Mac OS 9.2/OS X
$180.00
Vintage 1992 Mac System 7.1P1 Apple Software 3.5” Floppy Disks NOS
$35.00
Vintage Apple Multiple Scan 15av Display Monitor M4681
$299.99
Apple cloth fabric banner iBook tangerine orange New Old Stock Vintage
$99.00