Well, I settled on Pan which is a pretty good clone of Agent.
Any suggestions for a LINUX news client (USENET) that supports yenc?
Well, I settled on Pan which is a pretty good clone of Agent.
This looks to be the Linux equivalent to Agent so I am very interested in this piece of software.Originally Posted by monkeyman
How did the install go???? Which version of KNOPPIX are you using?
Did you use the one from the apt-get sources or a source install?
The reason I ask is the need for the various GNOME libraries for this software to run.
Thanks.
I just downloaded the .deb and installed it. Worked right off the bat and any dependent files you might need are right there on the download page, but I didn't need them. Pan works great and handles binairies very well, which makes this J-Pop fan very happy.
-edit:
Ooops! The Knoppix version I am using is the 3.2 060603 version.
PAN has worked very well everytime I've used it in the past. apt-get pan or goto the homepage.

Amiga Model 1080 RGB color CRT monitor - Parts Or Repair - Doesn’t Power On
$100.00
RGB2HDMI Amiga 500 UltraLong (Accelerator Friendly) HDMI Games, non-RTG A500
$50.00
Microbotics Starboard 2MB + SCSI Sidecar for Amiga 1000 Vintage Computer READ
$329.00
Amiga Emplant Emulator Card For Commodore Amiga 2000 4000 3000
$249.00
Parceiro 1.1 Black Edition for Amiga 1000, 8MB Fast RAM, RTC, 16GB SD, Tested
$249.99
Commodore Amiga 4000 Motherboard Rev B - untested
$225.00
HighFlyer Amiga 4000 Tower & Bus Extender, Expansion Systems A4000T Kit
$888.50
BlueSCSI v2 Internal 50-pin 3.5" SCSI Drive ,Wi-Fi,For Macintosh, Amiga, PC
$52.99
Best FlickerFixer RGB2HDMI Amiga HDMI Games, non-RTG A2000CPLDSlot v2.2
$75.00
Commodore VIC-20 Diagnostic Cartridge & Test Harness Set - USA seller
$39.99