Well, I settled on Pan which is a pretty good clone of Agent.
Any suggestions for a LINUX news client (USENET) that supports yenc?
Well, I settled on Pan which is a pretty good clone of Agent.
This looks to be the Linux equivalent to Agent so I am very interested in this piece of software.Originally Posted by monkeyman
How did the install go???? Which version of KNOPPIX are you using?
Did you use the one from the apt-get sources or a source install?
The reason I ask is the need for the various GNOME libraries for this software to run.
Thanks.
I just downloaded the .deb and installed it. Worked right off the bat and any dependent files you might need are right there on the download page, but I didn't need them. Pan works great and handles binairies very well, which makes this J-Pop fan very happy.
-edit:
Ooops! The Knoppix version I am using is the 3.2 060603 version.
PAN has worked very well everytime I've used it in the past. apt-get pan or goto the homepage.

Macintosh Platinum Mouse - Apple 128K 512K 512Ke Mac Plus Lisa IIe M0100 - NEW
$49.99
1984 APPLE MACINTOSH 128K MATCHING # BOX Set Original Mac Model M0001 WORKS RARE
$6299.00
Apple Macintosh 128k Desktop computer. Upgraded to 512k
$300.00
1984 APPLE MACINTOSH 128K FIRST MAC Model M0001 PICASSO KIT Discs Harvard Rare
$1800.00
Vintage Apple Macintosh 128K 512K Carrying Case Rainbow Logo Excellent Cond
$140.00
Macintosh Platinum Mouse - Apple 128K 512K 512Ke Mac Plus Lisa IIe M0100 - NEW
$59.99
Apple Keyboard and Cable for Macintosh 128k 512k Mac Plus RARE Vintage M0110
$129.99
Two Macintosh Platinum Mouse/Mice - Apple 128K 512K 512Ke Mac Plus M0100 - NEW
$99.99
Apple Macintosh Mac 128k - 512k Boot / Diagnostics 2 Disk Set for Classic Macs
$14.99
1984 APPLE MACINTOSH 128K Original Model M0001 With Keyboard and Mouse
$1799.99