Any suggestions for a LINUX news client (USENET) that supports yenc?
Any suggestions for a LINUX news client (USENET) that supports yenc?
Well, I settled on Pan which is a pretty good clone of Agent.
This looks to be the Linux equivalent to Agent so I am very interested in this piece of software.Originally Posted by monkeyman
How did the install go???? Which version of KNOPPIX are you using?
Did you use the one from the apt-get sources or a source install?
The reason I ask is the need for the various GNOME libraries for this software to run.
Thanks.
I just downloaded the .deb and installed it. Worked right off the bat and any dependent files you might need are right there on the download page, but I didn't need them. Pan works great and handles binairies very well, which makes this J-Pop fan very happy.
-edit:
Ooops! The Knoppix version I am using is the 3.2 060603 version.
PAN has worked very well everytime I've used it in the past. apt-get pan or goto the homepage.

INTEL XEON E5-2680V4 SR2N7 2.40GHZ CPU
$11.00
Dell Precision Tower 7810 Xeon E5-2630 v3 @ 2.40GHz , 32GB Ram, NO HDD, NO OS
$239.99
Dell Precision T7820 2x Xeon Silver 4114 2.20GHz 950W No RAM GPU HDD 4x SATA
$350.48
Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00
Dell Precision T5820 Workstation 3.70GHz W-2135 No RAM/ GPU/ HDD/ OS
$179.98
Intel Xeon E5-2699 V4 2.20GHz 55M 22-CORES LGA2011-3 Server Processor 145W SR2JS
$84.49
DELL Precision 5820 Workstation Xeon W-2123 3.6ghz/NO RAM/NO SSD/P400 Vid
$139.99
Intel Xeon W-2255 SRGV8 3.7GHz 10-Core LGA2066 Server CPU Processor
$249.99
Dell Poweredge R630 2x Intel Xeon E5-2650 v4 32GB RAM No Drives/OS Server
$325.00
Dell PowerEdge FX2s + 8x FC430 Blades 16x E5-2630v4 160 Cores Rails No PSU/RAM
$699.00