-
Knoppix startup on Toshiba Satellite
Hi,
I bought a live CD from osdisc.com . Knoppix version is 6.7. Toshiba Satellite laptop model is A105 S1014. I think the disc is good because "knoppix testcd" did not show any errors.
When I boot it with no cheat codes, I see the two penguins and hear an announcement "Initiating startup sequence". And, it gets stuck there and nothing happens thereafter. I am not sure which cheat code would help in troubleshooting this problem.
I could not find any suggestions on the forum. Any help is appreciated.
Thanks.
-
Dear Anand:
Take a look at the Hints on F2/F3 (while the two penguins are showing.) There is also a file called "knoppix-cheatcodes" in several formats (including ".txt") in the root directory when looked at with Windows that has a fairly large list of optional paerameters for booting when troubles arise.
Hope that helps!
Krishna
Tags for this Thread
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

2-Bay/4-Bay Hard Drive Enclosure for 3.5"/2.5'' SATA HDD/SSD 10Gbps USB-C 3.2
$75.99

Broadcom 9600-24i Tri-Mode RAID Controller 4.0 NVMe SAS SATA NEW 05-50111-01003
$639.69

OWC Mercury Elite Pro 2 Bay RAID Enclosure with USB 3.2 for Dual 3.5 inch HDDs
$87.99

Intel VROC Premium RAID Controller Card PCIe Add-On Module VROCPREMMOD
$265.00

WAVLINK RAID 2 Bay Hard Drive Docking Station SATA 2.5/3.5'' SSD HDD Enclosure
$119.99

Dell PowerEdge HBA330 LP PCI-E 12GBs RAID SAS Controller Adapter J7TNV
$18.95

Broadcom LSI 9305-16i 12Gbps SAS-3 PCIe x8 HBA 16-Ports Raid Controller
$64.99

Sans Digital TR5UT-B 3.5" 5-Bay Black External Storage JBOD/RAID
$150.00

Adaptec ASR-71605 16-Port 1Gbps PCIe RAID Card High Profile
$18.49

Broadcom MegaRAID 9461-16i SAS/SATA/NVME Tri-Mode PCIe RAID Controller
$295.00