-
Knoppix startup on Toshiba Satellite
Hi,
I bought a live CD from osdisc.com . Knoppix version is 6.7. Toshiba Satellite laptop model is A105 S1014. I think the disc is good because "knoppix testcd" did not show any errors.
When I boot it with no cheat codes, I see the two penguins and hear an announcement "Initiating startup sequence". And, it gets stuck there and nothing happens thereafter. I am not sure which cheat code would help in troubleshooting this problem.
I could not find any suggestions on the forum. Any help is appreciated.
Thanks.
-
Dear Anand:
Take a look at the Hints on F2/F3 (while the two penguins are showing.) There is also a file called "knoppix-cheatcodes" in several formats (including ".txt") in the root directory when looked at with Windows that has a fairly large list of optional paerameters for booting when troubles arise.
Hope that helps!
Krishna
Tags for this Thread
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Atari XE 130XE Computer NTSC with Power Supply Powers On Untested
$159.95

Atari 800 8-bit Computer System Fully Tested Great Condition 48k READ
$350.00

Atari 130 XE/Atari 1050 Bundle W/ Cords And Extras (Powered On)
$300.00

DEFECTIVE Atari 810 Vintage Computer Disk Drive powers on Unit Only Boo G3D
$49.29

Fujinet 1.7.1 Atari 400 800 800XL 130XE 65XE XEGS Assembled, Tested, Working
$99.99

SOLD AS IS Lot of 5.25" Floppy Disks w/ Games & Software? Commodore 64 Atari 800
$59.99

Atari 520ST Vintage Home Computer Keyboard Unit
$199.97

Gotek USB Floppy Emulator v3.44 OLED (no speaker) Amiga Atari IBM Roland AKAI
$44.00

VTG Atari 1200XL Home Computer System 1200 XL ** Tested ** Parts or Repair
$323.75

ATARI HDD Drive ACSI Emulator 520-1040ST/STF/STFM, STE, Mega STE, TT030 acsi2stm
$48.95