-
Knoppix startup on Toshiba Satellite
Hi,
I bought a live CD from osdisc.com . Knoppix version is 6.7. Toshiba Satellite laptop model is A105 S1014. I think the disc is good because "knoppix testcd" did not show any errors.
When I boot it with no cheat codes, I see the two penguins and hear an announcement "Initiating startup sequence". And, it gets stuck there and nothing happens thereafter. I am not sure which cheat code would help in troubleshooting this problem.
I could not find any suggestions on the forum. Any help is appreciated.
Thanks.
-
Dear Anand:
Take a look at the Hints on F2/F3 (while the two penguins are showing.) There is also a file called "knoppix-cheatcodes" in several formats (including ".txt") in the root directory when looked at with Windows that has a fairly large list of optional paerameters for booting when troubles arise.
Hope that helps!
Krishna
Tags for this Thread
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot
$285.90

LOT OF 3 Micron 16GB 2Rx8 PC4-3200AA DDR4 ECC Server Memory
$255.00

Microsoft Office 2021 Pro Plus USB for 1PC Windows 10 & 11
$62.50

TF/SD Card Adapter Camera Reader Android Type-c For iPhone17 Pro Max Plusm lot
$573.98

USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack
$826.09

128GB (4x32GB) SK hynix DDR4 PC4-2666V RDIMM ECC Server Ram HMA84GR7CJR4N-VK
$799.00

USB 3.0 Micro SD SDHC TF Card Reader Memory Adapter for PC Laptop Camera lot
$3.75

HMAA8GR7AJR4N-XN - SK Hynix 64GB PC4-25600 DDR4-3200MHz Registered ECC DIMM Dual
$493.31

5 in 1 Memory Card Reader USB 3.0 OTG Adapter SD Card Reader For iPhone/iPad LOT
$9.99

Dell Precision 3541 Laptop i5-9300H 2.4GHz 256GB SSD 16GB RAM Win 11 Pro
$189.99