-
If the system is not behaving, either delete knoppix-data.img or move it out of
/mnt-system/KNOPPIX/ and reboot.
If I do so, I lose free space for persistent memory (=pm):
a) flash-disk Installation of my CD on a 4GB USB stick
b) after first boot Knoppix offers 3.3GB for pm, I selected 2GB
c) deleted 'knoppix-data.img'
d after next boot Knoppix offers 1.3GB for pm, I selected 1GB
e) deleted 'knoppix-data.img'
f) after next boot Knoppix offers 0.3GB for pm, I selected 0.2GB
Therefore you can only delete 'knoppix-data.img' after booting with cheatcode "knoppix noimage"
Step 2 and 3a isn't necessary. The contents of your just created update.tar.gz is allready within the old knoppix-data.img.
Now I did it in single steps and all went well:
1. create 'update tar.gz' within '/mnt-system'
2. reboot (cheatcode "noimage") and delete 'knoppix-data.img'
3. reboot and create new pm
4. reboot and move 'update.tar.gz' to '/mnt-system/KNOPPIX/'
5. reboot and move 'update.tar.gz' to '/mnt-system' or store it anywhere else
Greetings Werner * http://www.wp-schulz.de/knoppix/summary.html
Own Rescue-CD with Knoppix (Knoppix V6.7.1 remaster)
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

DEC Digital DECmate III PC238 PDP-8 6120 RX50 Dual Floppy Vintage Computer
$649.95

Vintage Digital VR241-A color CRT monitor, powers on, DEC Rainbow or terminal
$150.00

Vintage DEC Digital T1043 DWMBB/B VAXBI XMI Adapter 5018232-01 C1 VAX Board
$109.99

Vintage DEC Digital XMI-A1 5017293-01A1 LWPR BE3-0 VAX Circuit Board T2012
$74.99

Vintage DEC Digital Equipment Flip-Chip Module Lot Parts
$59.99

Vintage DEC Digital Equipment DELNI 8-Port Ethernet Local Network Hub VAXstation
$79.95

Vintage DEC LK201 Digital Equipment Corporation (DEC) LK201-AA Computer Keyboard
$149.99

Rare Vintage DEC DIGITAL DFO3 modem ~Powers Up but UNTESTED #1
$75.00

Vintage DEC/Mostek memory systems MK 8015 AA-00 6805-08015 1100 REV C(B7)
$279.99

Vintage DEC Digital Starion 200 Desktop PC Powers On Boots To BIOS NO HDD - DW
$269.99