-
apt cache limit
I am unable to update the synaptic package manager due to the apt cache limit error. I can not edit the 70debconf file nor can I add my own cache limit file. I also tried to add the root password, however, I am unable to use the root password or open an editor as root.
-
Hi there Try this - in a terminal enter: gksu gedit /etc/apt/apt.conf.d/70debconf and add this line to the file: APT::Cache-Limit 50000000 NB no double quotes - see comment on the post. for a 50mB cache http://www.ithowto.ro/2008/10/howto-...s-cache-limit/ This worked for me - if it doesn't, could you say exactly which version of Knoppix you are using and exactly what error messages you got. Best wishes, John
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

NETGEAR 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Switch (Gs305) - Desktop Quiet Fanless
$16.41

NETGEAR GS308EP Essential Series 8-Port Gigabit PoE+ Unmanaged Switch
$49.99

Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch
$129.99

5Ports Gigabit Network Switch w/ 4 PoE+ Ports Total 52W each port 30W Plug&Play
$31.99

TP-Link TL-SG105, 5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Network Hub, Ethern
$15.25

TP-Link TL-SG105 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Metal Desktop Network Switch
$19.99

5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Home Network Hub, Office Ethernet S...
$9.64

10-Port Gigabit PoE Network Switch with 8 PoE+ Ports with 2 Combo SFP Slots 125W
$39.99

TP-Link TL-SG1048 48-Port Gigabit Rackmount Switch New Factory Sealed
$199.99

TP-LINK TL-SG108PE 8-Port Gigabit Easy Smart Managed PoE+ Switch 4-Port 64W
$24.99