-
Stuck installing to HD
Well im trying to install Knoppix 6.5, but i keep getting stuck at gparted. I have a partition formatted to ext2 and another for linux-swap, i gave the last one memoryx2.
But when i try to continue the installation it says "No usable install-partition found"
I also tried auto partitioning, but it still wont work.
What can I do?
PS: I already tried ext3 and ext4 also.
-
Senior Member
registered user
The Knoppix installer needs a partition formatted with reiserfs.
-
Sorry, im new to this, and just wanted to ask, how do i do that from the knoppix CD? (its the only operating system i have available at the moment)
-
Senior Member
registered user
Reiserfs is one of many fs choices with GParted.
If Menu>Preferences doesn't show GParted, get it with Synaptic.
And good luck.
-
Senior Member
registered user

Originally Posted by
utu
Reiserfs is one of many fs choices with GParted.
If Menu>Preferences doesn't show GParted, get it with Synaptic.
And good luck.
Personally I don't see why reiserfs should be the only preferred file system and therefore I think '0wn' should be updated to also support other file systems. Again this will be left to those who have interest and patience to change the code ....
-
This fixed the issue, Thanks.
-
Senior Member
registered user
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

GIGABYTE A520M DS3H AC AMD AM4 Motherboard mATX
$59.99

Intel H310 LGA1151 8-9th Gen DDR4 M.2 NVMe mATX Motherboard IO Shield Battery
$54.99

MSI Pro B760-P ATX Motherboard, DDR4, Intel LGA1700, WiFi
$70.00

ASUS B85M-G/B85M-G PLUS LGA1150 DDR3 Micro ATX Motherboard HDMI for Inter 4thCPU
$45.00

Intel H81 Motherboard M.2 NVMe LGA 1150 mATX w/ IO Shield (Random Slot Color)
$29.90

GIGABYTE B365 HD3 LGA1151 Intel 9th Gen motherboard
$59.99

ASRock B550M PRO4 AM4 AMD B550 SATA 6Gb/s Micro ATX AMD Motherboard
$76.49

ASUS PRIME Z370-A II LGA 1151 Intel Z370 DDR4 DIMM USB3.1 DVI ATX RGB
$69.99

MSI B460M-A Pro DDR4 LGA 1200 Micro ATX Motherboard 10th Gen
$59.99

ASUS PRIME Z490-V Motherboard Intel Z490 10th gen DDR4 LGA 1200 ATX w/ IO Shield
$84.99