-
General Linux problem
I have a general problem with a HD install on my system. Every time I try to do a lilo install to HDA , it fails...and I cannot generate a boot floppy...it consistently fails on me. the HD install goes well...its just I CANT BOOT THE THING! All filews and folders show up...everything goes well....it just won't boot...
System layout is as follows:
HDA is a WD 40GB Drive with a solid NTFS 5 partition on it using all but 8MB at the end of the drive.
HDD is my Linux drive...its on the secondary slave slaved to the CDROM.
Knoppix HD is on this one. This drive is unique in that its mounted in a removable cage...that's it.. its an IDE hard drive, mounted in a removable rack for portability. Now..under Red HAt, this setup worked fine..buit I wanted a more advanced and less dumbed down version of Linux..so I heard about Knoppix...got it..and am trying it...the Live CD works great... the HD Install is not though. I am also using Knoppix 3.1, the second to latest release.
HELP!
Similar Threads
-
By M. Silva in forum The Lounge
Replies: 0
Last Post: 06-19-2004, 11:49 AM
-
By Jerunk in forum General Support
Replies: 5
Last Post: 06-06-2004, 04:14 PM
-
By massai in forum General Support
Replies: 9
Last Post: 12-28-2003, 02:02 AM
-
By tearinghairout in forum The Lounge
Replies: 0
Last Post: 11-20-2003, 06:39 PM
-
By VeeDubb in forum The Lounge
Replies: 4
Last Post: 04-05-2003, 05:44 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot
$285.90

1/ 10/ 100pcs USB 2.0 2GB, 4GB ,8GB ,16GB ,32GB ,64GB 128GB USB Flash Drives Lot
$179.10

Microsoft Office 2021 Pro Plus USB for 1PC Windows 10 & 11
$62.55

Wholesale 5/10/100PCS 1GB 2GB 4GB 8GB 16GB 32GB USB 2.0 Flash Drive Memory Stick
$489.96

USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack
$826.09

Samsung 64GB (16GBx4) 16GB 2Rx8 PC4-3200AA M393A2K43EM3-CWENY DDR4 Server Memory
$399.99

Samsung 32GB 2Rx4 PC4 2400T -RA1-11-MC0 M393A4K0BB1-CRC4Q M (SET OF 4)
$650.99

USB 3.0 Micro SD SDHC TF Card Reader Memory Adapter for PC Laptop Camera lot
$3.75

MICRON MTA36ASF4G72PZ-2G6D1 32GB PC4-21300R DDR4-2666V RDIMM 2RX4 MEMORY DIMM
$139.99

Samsung 16GB DDR4 PC4-2933Y 1Rx4 ECC REG DIMM (PC4-21300) M393A2K40DB2-CVF
$120.00