-
Junior Member
registered user
www.knoppix.net/Docs doesnt open on this site
As many of them suggested I've tried opning this http://www/knoppix.net/docs & it doesnt open. I have even logged in. evn then it doesnt open. Is there a solution or any other way to get into there.. I even awaited for abt 20 minutes & doesnt open. Other sites & even this site opens pretty fast on my system..
Thanx in advance
-
Senior Member
registered user
It works fine here also the url above is a typo it should be http://www.knoppix.net/docs/.
-
Senior Member
registered user
When I click on the Docs link at the top of the page, I am able to make it to the docs section w/o any problem. When I click on your link, I am taken to yahoo! What the heck did you do? I'm looking at the source of this page and I still don't see how this is linking to yahoo.
-
Senior Member
registered user
That was really wierd. I swear that this link was taking me to the yahoo home page and now it just opens a page to the docs section. Some wierd html voodo going on here.
-----------------------------
edit
-----------------------------
I take it back I was clicking on Stephen's link. The one offered by ksskruthic still takes me to yahoo. wierd.
-
Senior Member
registered user
I believe it is browser related(taking you to yahoo). I have seen this before when using IE(in XP of course). When it cannot find a site, I was taken to an MSN search page. I tried to open the malformed address in konqueror, I just get a plain address incorrect page by konqueror, nothing special.
-
Junior Member
registered user
Hey I can tellu how it takes u to yahoo's page if i could open the docs page.. I cant do that ..doe it require any special permissions??
The link above is not displaying anything except the top 2 lines. but the (IE) browser says the page is going to be displayed
-
Senior Member
registered user
I still don't have the yahoo thing figured out, but I can tell you that it isn't an IE thing. I never use IE. Previously I was using Mozilla-Firebird 0.6 on an installed Knoppix. It doesn't happen in Konqueror though.
Similar Threads
-
By ibrewale in forum General Support
Replies: 14
Last Post: 01-05-2005, 02:22 AM
-
By green_man in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 02-14-2004, 05:35 PM
-
By beforewisdom in forum Ideas
Replies: 0
Last Post: 12-22-2003, 01:07 PM
-
By beforewisdom in forum Tips and Tricks
Replies: 0
Last Post: 12-22-2003, 01:06 PM
-
By tivadarpreiss in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 1
Last Post: 08-15-2003, 01:32 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Windows XP, Vista, 8.1, Linux Knoppix, Office XP, (6 CDS)
$10.00

KNOPPIX 9.1 Linux Install & Live DVD 32bit & 64bit
$19.99

Knoppix Live GNU Linux System 9.1 on Bootable CD / DVD / USB Flash Drive
$5.99

KNOPPIX USB DVD OS , BEST OF ALL HIGHLY RECOMENDED
$11.99

Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 16G USB Stick
$20.85

Knoppix NSM 1.2
$8.00

VINTAGE SOFTWARE | KNOPPIX STD 0.1 (SECURITY TOOLS DISTRIBUTION)
$7.57

Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 32G USB Stick
$21.42

Hamshack Live DVD-ROM
$7.00

Knoppix 5.0.1 ULTRA RARE Linux DVD - Linux Pro Extra August 2006
$33.98