Did you make a 640x400 pixel 16 color graphic?
Guys, I've created a new logo.16 following the tutorial and it works great.
The only thing that is weird...is under the image, where it says "Terminal client starting in 30 seconds" and "boot:" the text color is like purple-ish. (i'm slightly color blind, so it could be turqoise) point is, it's not the normal white / gray color.
Any idea how that happened? all i did was swap the logo.16 with my new one, which I made doing the giftoppm and ppmtolss16 scripts, and the image itself shows up fine.
If i replace the image with the normal logo.16, font color is restored. This is on Knoppix 6.7.0
oh, and the image is 640x397. I am gonna try resizing it to 640x400 to see if that fixes it, but i had some trouble earlier with that. Just don't see how that would break the color of the non-image.
Edit: resized it to 640x400. didn't fix problem.
Thanks!
Last edited by keeger; 10-05-2011 at 04:59 PM. Reason: update
Did you make a 640x400 pixel 16 color graphic?
yep. I did that on export. opened starting gif up in GIMP, and it says "Indexed color (16 colors)" in the properties.
Last edited by keeger; 10-05-2011 at 06:59 PM.
so i think it must be something related to the color palette?
the starting image was a 256 color adobe illustrator image. I exported it to a 16 color GIF, with dither set to 100%, and the GIF thing set to um, adaptive. originally I used GIMP to scale it from 640x397 to 640x400. (that was the one with a purple hue)
I re-did the export just now, making it slightly bigger and cropping it so it was exactly 640x400 from Adobe illustrator all the way. (So no using GIMP etc). This also does the color changing, but now instead of purple it's orange.
I have no idea how lss16 works, nor am I graphics person. (I edited the graphic to add text, o.O) but any suggestions on what the deal is?
Matt
Try to start with 16 color graphic.

Intel SRG17 Core i7-9700T Desktop Processor CPU
$74.99
Intel Core i5-4590T 2 GHz 5 GT/s LGA 1150 Desktop CPU Processor SR1S6
$14.99
PS5 Over Heating Problem Solver 1.5 Grams Liquid metal thermal paste CPU, GPU
$15.99
HP ProDesk 405 G8 Desktop AMD Ryzen 5 PRO 5650GE 16GB RAM 512GB SSD W11P
$319.99
Intel Core i7-9700 Octa-Core 3 GHz Desktop Processor LGA 1151
$79.99
AMD Ryzen 5 5600X Desktop Processor (3.7GHz, 6 Cores, AM4 CPU) 100-100000065
$125.00
Intel i7-8700 Coffee Lake 3.2GHz 6-Core Max Turbo 4.6GHz Processor
$69.99
Intel Core i7-7700 Kaby Lake Quad-Core 3.6 GHz Processor LGA 1151
$39.99
GAMING COMBO: ASUS Prime H470M-PLUS MOTHERBOARD + i5-10600KF CPU + 16GB DDR4
$229.95
Intel Core i5-11500 2.70 GHz LGA 1200 Desktop CPU Processor SRKNY
$94.99