-
Senior Member
registered user
anoying problem: iceweasel not retaining font size ???
Anybody has this anoying problem ? Usually I like to use large font, so in iceweasel I use control-vertical scroll to enlarge the font. But the next link I click goes back to the smaller font, so end up I have to control-vertical scroll for each page which I visit. It's really idoitic.
I recently upgraded my iceweasel, not sure if I changed my settings accidentally.
-
Senior Member
registered user
@ kl522
I'm sure you have persistence, so
I think you just need to get in the habit of using IceWeasel's Edit>Preferences>Content
to register PERMANENT font choices.
There you can set max & min, fonts, font style & underlines.
Cheers
-
Senior Member
registered user

Originally Posted by
utu
@ kl522
I'm sure you have persistence, so
I think you just need to get in the habit of using IceWeasel's Edit>Preferences>Content
to register PERMANENT font choices.
There you can set max & min, fonts, font style & underlines.
Cheers
Too bad then I can't accept that for the time being, so meaning iceweasel 6.0.2 and 7.0.1 are not for me. I tested other browsers they are not like that too.
I downgraded it back to 3.5.16, I got back the features which I am used to.
-
Senior Member
registered user
This feature has been in Mozilla browsers for years.
If you have the file ~/.mozilla/firefox/*.default
then the file prefs.js is where the font preferences are stored.
You can also get at them via about:config, but that's a bit
of a weird way to go about it.
-
Senior Member
registered user

Originally Posted by
utu
This feature has been in Mozilla browsers for years.
If you have the file ~/.mozilla/firefox/*.default
then the file prefs.js is where the font preferences are stored.
You can also get at them via about:config, but that's a bit
of a weird way to go about it.
I don't think we are talking about the same thing. In any case thanks for listening to me and your offer to help. I am happy with my old iceweasel and so you are happy too with your latest and bleeding-edge iceweasel.
-
Senior Member
registered user
@ kl522
You are most welcome.
Sorry I didn't understand your particular concern.
I thought the most interesting thing about the new IceWeasels & Firefoxes
was the seemingly frantic sequence of recent upgrades, one after another.
As a user, I'm not really aware of much change, if any in the browsers,
so long as they don't fail me.
I am glad that KK went back to IceWeasel; I still think it's better than Chromium.
-
Senior Member
registered user

Originally Posted by
utu
@ kl522
You are most welcome.
Sorry I didn't understand your particular concern.
I have new information which I got regarding this annoying bug. It's likely you don't encounter the same problem which I faced, because this bug only manifest itself if you use this settings ( which I have been using it since 3.5.X ) :-
edit->preferences->
History
* Permanent Private browsing mode
If you use this setting, then your zooming factor ( and font size ) are not retained. Every new page you visit put the display back to the original font size.
Apparently this bug has been fixed in firefox/iceweasel 9.0~b1-1.
-
Senior Member
registered user
@ kl522
Looks like you've solved 'your' problem.
Too bad we can't mark the thread <SOLVED>
as is done on some other forums.
Nice work.
ps. Shouldn't your 9.0 be a 7.0 in this instance?
-
Senior Member
registered user

Originally Posted by
utu
ps. Shouldn't your 9.0 be a 7.0 in this instance?
9.0~b1-1 installable from
http://mozilla.debian.net/
7.0.1 has this bug too.
-
Senior Member
registered user
@ kl522
Using Synaptic, I notice that an IceWeasel 7.0.1-2+b1
is now available for upgrading IceWeasel.
Are weekly upgrades now fashionable?
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

TP-Link TL-SG105 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Metal Desktop Network Switch
$19.99

Cisco Catalyst 2960-48TT-L 48-Port Fast Ethernet Managed Rackmount Switch
$46.99

NETGEAR GS308EP Essential Series 8-Port Gigabit PoE+ Unmanaged Switch
$49.99

TP-Link TL-SG1048 48-Port Gigabit Rackmount Switch New Factory Sealed
$199.99

5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Home Network Hub, Office Ethernet S...
$9.64

10-Port Gigabit PoE Network Switch with 8 PoE+ Ports with 2 Combo SFP Slots 125W
$39.99

TP-Link TL-SG105, 5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Network Hub, Ethern
$15.25

Arista DCS-7010T-48-R 48P 1GbE 4P 10GbE SFP+ RA Switch with rack mounts
$69.00

NETGEAR 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Switch (Gs305) - Desktop Quiet Fanless
$25.99

Linksys LGS328MPC 24-Port Managed Gigabit PoE+ Switch with 4 10G SFP+ Uplinks
$224.95