-
Senior Member
registered user
Addendum to my post #11
.
@ Blacksimon
Although I am surprised at how much infrastructure you have uncovered that is applicable to zram,
this may be more due to my absence of experience with any form of swap.
In this instance, I think we are at least missing a driver called zram, and/or perhaps a clue like zram.ko
indicating some source material.
Also, I can't see any evidence on /etc/fstab that speaks to swapping of any kind.
I expect we may have to wait for 7.0.1 for the rest of the material to appear.
I'd be pleased to have you show otherwise.
-
Member
Hello Utu,
thanks for your words but my experience comes from the fact that I like to understand how to improve system performance by using hardware and software available without having to invest any more money... 
I like to fully understand how things work...
Anyway in your case if you have multiple cores (2 cpus), then using a single zram can be a bottleneck, so you need zram0 e zram1 (it's present in your /dev/ ??)
Code:
modprobe zram num_devices=2 #On July 20th 2011, the zram driver in the linux 3.1 staging area was modified to use zram_num_devices as modprobe parameter
echo $((512*1024*1204)) > /sys/block/zram0/disksize #Allocate 512MB to zram0
echo $((512*1024*1204)) > /sys/block/zram1/disksize #Allocate 512MB to zram1
mkswap /dev/zram0
mkswap /dev/zram1
swapon -p 100 /dev/zram0
swapon -p 100 /dev/zram1
But beware, I have not tested anything right now, I just created a swap in ram. Now we need to see if it actually works. It 's likely to miss the module zram.ko as you have highlighted. I'm waiting 7.0.1 too.
Regards.
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot
$100.00

Netac 2TB 1TB 512GB 256GB Internal SSD 2.5inch SATAIII Solid State Drive lot
$549.00

SSD 880EVO SATA III 2.5 4TB INTERNAL SOLID STATE DRIVE
$189.99

Samsung 860 EVO 250GB, SATA III, 2.5" Internal Solid State Drive - Black...
$30.00

Crucial MX500 250GB 2.5" SATA III SSD - Preowned
$29.00

Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD CT1000MX500SSD1
$99.99

2 PACK 128 GB SSD M.2 2280 SATA Solid State Drive Major Brands, Samsung, LiteON
$28.00

Fanxiang 256GB 512GB 1TB 2TB 4TB SSD Lot 2.5'' SATA Internal Solid State Drive
$42.99

Samsung 860 EVO 250GB SSD MZ-76E250 2.5" SATA III Solid State Drive -
$39.99

Intel Solid-State Drive DC S3500 Series 240GB Internal 2.5" (SSDSC2BB240G4P) SSD
$29.99