-
Member
Hello Utu,
thanks for your words but my experience comes from the fact that I like to understand how to improve system performance by using hardware and software available without having to invest any more money... 
I like to fully understand how things work...
Anyway in your case if you have multiple cores (2 cpus), then using a single zram can be a bottleneck, so you need zram0 e zram1 (it's present in your /dev/ ??)
Code:
modprobe zram num_devices=2 #On July 20th 2011, the zram driver in the linux 3.1 staging area was modified to use zram_num_devices as modprobe parameter
echo $((512*1024*1204)) > /sys/block/zram0/disksize #Allocate 512MB to zram0
echo $((512*1024*1204)) > /sys/block/zram1/disksize #Allocate 512MB to zram1
mkswap /dev/zram0
mkswap /dev/zram1
swapon -p 100 /dev/zram0
swapon -p 100 /dev/zram1
But beware, I have not tested anything right now, I just created a swap in ram. Now we need to see if it actually works. It 's likely to miss the module zram.ko as you have highlighted. I'm waiting 7.0.1 too.
Regards.
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Refurbished Working 1960's Heathkit EC-1 Educational Electronic Analog Computer
$2999.99

Vintage George A Philbrick Researches Tube Analog Computer Module Serial 005503
$109.99

1969 EAI TR-20 Analog Computer Programming PACE Philbrick Electronic Associates
$36.00

Extron RGB-160XI Analog Computer Video 60-378-01
$127.06

Vintage Goodyear Electronic GEDA Analog Computer Plug -- Extremely Rare
$179.00

Vintage 1970’s Analogic MP2110 10-Bit A/D Converter Computer Circuit Board
$24.99

VINTAGE 1970s SKIT Scientific Kit for Computer & Electronics SEALED INSIDE Rare
$380.00

Vintage Analog Computing Magazines For Atari Computer Owners No 11-20 Acceptable
$75.00

VINTAGE Apple Unidisk Analog Card - Circa 1986 | P/N 820-0190-A
$22.67

Vintage HP 82166A HP-IL Converter Custom “The BOX” TTL/DAC Interface Controller
$499.99