Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11

Thread: anoying problem: iceweasel not retaining font size ???

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    423

    anoying problem: iceweasel not retaining font size ???

    Anybody has this anoying problem ? Usually I like to use large font, so in iceweasel I use control-vertical scroll to enlarge the font. But the next link I click goes back to the smaller font, so end up I have to control-vertical scroll for each page which I visit. It's really idoitic.

    I recently upgraded my iceweasel, not sure if I changed my settings accidentally.

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Columbia, Maryland USA
    Posts
    1,631
    @ kl522

    I'm sure you have persistence, so
    I think you just need to get in the habit of using IceWeasel's Edit>Preferences>Content
    to register PERMANENT font choices.
    There you can set max & min, fonts, font style & underlines.

    Cheers

  3. #3
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    423
    Quote Originally Posted by utu View Post
    @ kl522

    I'm sure you have persistence, so
    I think you just need to get in the habit of using IceWeasel's Edit>Preferences>Content
    to register PERMANENT font choices.
    There you can set max & min, fonts, font style & underlines.

    Cheers
    Too bad then I can't accept that for the time being, so meaning iceweasel 6.0.2 and 7.0.1 are not for me. I tested other browsers they are not like that too.

    I downgraded it back to 3.5.16, I got back the features which I am used to.

  4. #4
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Columbia, Maryland USA
    Posts
    1,631
    This feature has been in Mozilla browsers for years.

    If you have the file ~/.mozilla/firefox/*.default
    then the file prefs.js is where the font preferences are stored.

    You can also get at them via about:config, but that's a bit
    of a weird way to go about it.

  5. #5
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    423
    Quote Originally Posted by utu View Post
    This feature has been in Mozilla browsers for years.

    If you have the file ~/.mozilla/firefox/*.default
    then the file prefs.js is where the font preferences are stored.

    You can also get at them via about:config, but that's a bit
    of a weird way to go about it.
    I don't think we are talking about the same thing. In any case thanks for listening to me and your offer to help. I am happy with my old iceweasel and so you are happy too with your latest and bleeding-edge iceweasel.

  6. #6
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Columbia, Maryland USA
    Posts
    1,631
    @ kl522

    You are most welcome.
    Sorry I didn't understand your particular concern.

    I thought the most interesting thing about the new IceWeasels & Firefoxes
    was the seemingly frantic sequence of recent upgrades, one after another.

    As a user, I'm not really aware of much change, if any in the browsers,
    so long as they don't fail me.

    I am glad that KK went back to IceWeasel; I still think it's better than Chromium.

  7. #7
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    423
    Quote Originally Posted by utu View Post
    @ kl522
    You are most welcome.
    Sorry I didn't understand your particular concern.
    I have new information which I got regarding this annoying bug. It's likely you don't encounter the same problem which I faced, because this bug only manifest itself if you use this settings ( which I have been using it since 3.5.X ) :-

    edit->preferences->

    History
    * Permanent Private browsing mode

    If you use this setting, then your zooming factor ( and font size ) are not retained. Every new page you visit put the display back to the original font size.

    Apparently this bug has been fixed in firefox/iceweasel 9.0~b1-1.

  8. #8
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Columbia, Maryland USA
    Posts
    1,631
    @ kl522

    Looks like you've solved 'your' problem.
    Too bad we can't mark the thread <SOLVED>
    as is done on some other forums.

    Nice work.

    ps. Shouldn't your 9.0 be a 7.0 in this instance?

  9. #9
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    423
    Quote Originally Posted by utu View Post
    ps. Shouldn't your 9.0 be a 7.0 in this instance?
    9.0~b1-1 installable from
    http://mozilla.debian.net/

    7.0.1 has this bug too.

  10. #10
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Columbia, Maryland USA
    Posts
    1,631
    @ kl522

    Using Synaptic, I notice that an IceWeasel 7.0.1-2+b1
    is now available for upgrading IceWeasel.

    Are weekly upgrades now fashionable?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Ubuntu Server 26.04.1 LTS Bootable USB Flash Drive – Latest September 2026 picture

Ubuntu Server 26.04.1 LTS Bootable USB Flash Drive – Latest September 2026

$12.99



Microsoft SQL Server 2019 Enterprise 40 Core Unlimited CAL Retail License FPP picture

Microsoft SQL Server 2019 Enterprise 40 Core Unlimited CAL Retail License FPP

$299.00



Novell SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 9, Linux Professional 8.2 / 9.1 — 3 DVD Set picture

Novell SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 9, Linux Professional 8.2 / 9.1 — 3 DVD Set

$58.00



OPNsense pfSense 8-Core Atom C3758 2.2GHz 8GB DDR4 64GB SSD 8x NIC QAT AES VPN picture

OPNsense pfSense 8-Core Atom C3758 2.2GHz 8GB DDR4 64GB SSD 8x NIC QAT AES VPN

$125.00



ESET Server Security (File Security) | Variant Item | Download Version picture

ESET Server Security (File Security) | Variant Item | Download Version

$215.25



RED HAT ENTERPRISE LINUX 5 SERVER RHF0382US-R1 for PC x86 AMD 64 INTEL 64 30 Day picture

RED HAT ENTERPRISE LINUX 5 SERVER RHF0382US-R1 for PC x86 AMD 64 INTEL 64 30 Day

$188.24



OPNsense Firewall VPN QAT 8-Core Atom C3758 2.20GHz 16GB DDR4 128GB SSD 8xNIC picture

OPNsense Firewall VPN QAT 8-Core Atom C3758 2.20GHz 16GB DDR4 128GB SSD 8xNIC

$175.00



Start9 Server Pure 32GB 4TB Intel i7 Node StartOS — Box + PSU picture

Start9 Server Pure 32GB 4TB Intel i7 Node StartOS — Box + PSU

$649.00



SQL Server 2022 Enterprise 96 Core License & DVD Unlimited CALs with CoA picture

SQL Server 2022 Enterprise 96 Core License & DVD Unlimited CALs with CoA

$284.99



Sun Enterprise e450 400mhz cpu(x4), 4gb ram, 9gb HD w/spud most complete on ebay picture

Sun Enterprise e450 400mhz cpu(x4), 4gb ram, 9gb HD w/spud most complete on ebay

$500.00