-
Senior Member
registered user
The lxpanel-freeze bug in Knoppix 6
.
There is a fairly widespread bug which appears most likely to be in
lxpanel which affects a number of Linux distros, probably described
as well for all in Ubuntu Launchpad Bug 800297 at
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+s...el/+bug/800297
I think this bug has plagued Knoppix 6 for a long time. I get around
this bug with Control-Alt-Backspace, and don't think I have lost any
'work' in progress that I can recall.
However, I think this is an unhealthy aberration which should come
under greater scrutiny culminating in some corrective action.
There is an alternative to lxpanel called Tint2 which may not have
the problems of lxpanel which some Linuxers are trying out. See
http://code.google.com/p/tint2/
I'd be interested to know:
(1) If others on this forum have observed the lxpanel-freeze bug;
(2) If anyone has a really 'bad' experience as a result of this bug;
(3) If any of you found work-arounds or solutions to this problem; and
(4) If anyone has tried out Tint2, and if so, how did that turn out.
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Refurbished Working 1960's Heathkit EC-1 Educational Electronic Analog Computer
$2999.99

Vintage George A Philbrick Researches Tube Analog Computer Module Serial 005503
$109.99

1969 EAI TR-20 Analog Computer Programming PACE Philbrick Electronic Associates
$36.00

Retro Working Macintosh SE SE30 Analog Board 820-0206-B 630-0147 w/Power Supply
$107.95

Vintage Goodyear Electronic GEDA Analog Computer Plug -- Extremely Rare
$179.00

Vintage 1970’s Analogic MP2110 10-Bit A/D Converter Computer Circuit Board
$24.99

Vintage Donner Scientific Analog Computer Patch Cords Banana Plugs & Resistor
$100.00

Vintage Early Week 12 1984 Apple Macintosh 128K Computer M0001 w/Analog Board+
$209.99

VINTAGE Apple Unidisk Analog Card - Circa 1986 | P/N 820-0190-A
$22.67

RARE VINTAGE Kontron 80 Psi Compact Microcomputer Computer Germany Early 1980s
$399.99