Results 1 to 10 of 14

Thread: The lxpanel-freeze bug in Knoppix 6

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Moderator Moderator
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Germany/ Dietzenbach
    Posts
    1,124
    Do you still use the testing version of "lxpanel", or did you try to downgrade to stable version "0.5.6-1"?
    I don't know why KK mixed "testing" and "stable" within the LXDE stuff.

    Greetings Werner

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Columbia, Maryland USA
    Posts
    1,631
    Greetings, Werner & kl522

    I think both suggestions are very appropriate, however:

    1- I don't know how to 'downgrade' something using Synaptic; and
    2- I did not get a good feeling from browsing the LibreOffice site some time back
    that there was any very well organized bug-repair activity there.

    I recall Werner solved one lxmenu problem by downgrading, so that's surely
    a possibility, but I'll need some tutoring.

  3. #3
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Columbia, Maryland USA
    Posts
    1,631
    Greetings, Werner & kl522

    I think both suggestions are very appropriate, however

    1- I don't know how to 'downgrade' something using Synaptic; and
    2- I did not get a good feeling from browsing the LibreOffice site some time back
    that there was any very well organized bug-repair activity there.

    I recall Werner solved one lxmenu problem by downgrading, so that's surely
    a possibility, but I'll need some tutoring.

    Update: I just found 'Force Version' and am trying the 'stable' lxpanel offering.
    Now, we'll have to wait for another upset to see how things progress.

    Thanks, again.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Vintage 2006 Juicy Couture House of Juicy Velour Laptop Sleeve Y2K NWT Rare picture

Vintage 2006 Juicy Couture House of Juicy Velour Laptop Sleeve Y2K NWT Rare

$199.99



Vintage Computer - PC Innovation Intel 486DX2 - Dos Ver 6.2 Windows 3.1 picture

Vintage Computer - PC Innovation Intel 486DX2 - Dos Ver 6.2 Windows 3.1

$250.00



Vintage Jetway J-620BF Socket 370 Celeron AT Motherboard SiS 620 Brand New picture

Vintage Jetway J-620BF Socket 370 Celeron AT Motherboard SiS 620 Brand New

$75.00



🔥 RARE VINTAGE HP 2112A 21MX M-SERIES 16-BIT MINICOMPUTER HP picture

🔥 RARE VINTAGE HP 2112A 21MX M-SERIES 16-BIT MINICOMPUTER HP

$299.99



Huge Lot of Vintage Computer Brochures, Catalogs, etc. - 1980's - SEE PICS picture

Huge Lot of Vintage Computer Brochures, Catalogs, etc. - 1980's - SEE PICS

$100.00



Vintage PB-64 64K RAM Printer Buffer Parallel Computer Printer Interface picture

Vintage PB-64 64K RAM Printer Buffer Parallel Computer Printer Interface

$74.99



Vintage Laptop HP Hewlett Packard Pavilion N3110 Celeron 433 MHz *Please Read* picture

Vintage Laptop HP Hewlett Packard Pavilion N3110 Celeron 433 MHz *Please Read*

$50.99



Vintage Black White Womier Keycaps Set 138 Keys - Doubleshot PBT Style picture

Vintage Black White Womier Keycaps Set 138 Keys - Doubleshot PBT Style

$30.99



Lot of 2 Vintage Plextor PX-43CS SCSI CD-ROM Caddy Drives + 4 Caddies Used picture

Lot of 2 Vintage Plextor PX-43CS SCSI CD-ROM Caddy Drives + 4 Caddies Used

$139.98



Vintage Hewlett Packard HP 13181-60074 Circuit Card Assembly / Interface Board. picture

Vintage Hewlett Packard HP 13181-60074 Circuit Card Assembly / Interface Board.

$135.37