.
If you are using FireFox or IceWeasel AND you are a miser like
myself using only 2 Gb for your LiveUSB, you may want to review
your browser's default 'Off-line Cache' limit settings.
In making a recent occasional personal backup, which initially
took 60Mb, I was surprised to find it took 160Mb. No structural
changes had been made that would account for that sort of change.
Since .mozilla always takes the most space in my backups, that
was immediately suspect. Sure enough, the biggest change was a
result of a change in the size of .mozilla's 'Offline Cache'.
When I investigated IceWeasel's Edit>Preferences>Advanced GUI
panel, I found that the Offline Cache default setting was
automatic and likely set to 'no more than 1024Mb'. I have
decided that is MUCH too generous, and have reset my
preferences to 'override automatic' and 'limit cache to 60 Mb'.
I'm wondering if, for back-up purposes, it might be just as well
to omit this off-line cache from the back-up altogether.

SK Hynix 1TB PC801 M.2 NVMe PCIe Gen4x4 2280 SSD
$100.00
Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot
$60.00
External SSD 1TB 2TB 4TB Portable Hard Drive USB 3.0 Type-C High Speed PC Mac
$19.99
Dell Latitude 14" Laptop Computer Intel i5 Up To 32GB RAM 1TB SSD Windows 11 Pro
$545.25
Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD CT1000MX500SSD1
$99.99
1TB Kingston DataTraveler Max DTMAX/1TB USB Type-C Flash Drive
$86.95
SAMSUNG T7 Portable SSD 1TB Indigo Blue USB 3.2 Gen2 External MU-PC1T0H/AM
$159.99
Acer Predator Helios Neo 16S AI 16" i9 275HX 2S RTX 5070 Ti 32GB 1TB SSD Refurb
$1746.47
External Solid State Drive USB 3.2 Gen2, 1TB SSD External Hard Drive with C to A
$100.00
Dell Latitude 14" Laptop Computer Intel i7 Up To 32GB RAM 1TB SSD Windows 11 Pro
$330.73