Add this to .bashrc:
lpad() { # uses leafpad to edit $1; on closing leafpad, aspell checks spelling; on closing aspell, leafpad shows corrected copy.
leafpad $1; aspell -c $1; leafpad $1 &
}
.
I'm looking for a spell-checker for Leafpad or an equivalent choice in
another small text editor that has a built-in spell-checker.
I found this interesting adaptation of Ispell, which is in Synaptic but
not installed by default. One of the forum entries, by BruceB, gives a
small adapting bash script to tie Ispell and Leafpad together.
http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/vie...f50a1378741baa
I'm interested to hear any comments on this or other approaches.
Add this to .bashrc:
lpad() { # uses leafpad to edit $1; on closing leafpad, aspell checks spelling; on closing aspell, leafpad shows corrected copy.
leafpad $1; aspell -c $1; leafpad $1 &
}
I had seen that link to the Puppy Linux forum from a Google search. It is not achieving much of anything useful.
I also remember your suggestion to integrate HunSpell with Leafpad but that did not happen.
Gedit in Knoppix v7.6, when properly fixed by the Knoppix team and/or by the authors of gedit, will do the job.

RAM-HOL-SAM60CPU RAM USB-C Powered Dock for Samsung Tab Active5 - 3 - 2
$81.99
Lot of 5 Samsung PM9B1 256GB M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4 x4 NVMe SSD MZVL4256HBJD SSD
$200.00
Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot
$60.00
WiFi Only Samsung Galaxy Tab A9 Plus 11.0" 128GB Black SM-X210
$139.99
Samsung PM961 512GB PCIe Gen 3x4 NVMe 2280 M.2 SSD MZVLW512HMJP-000D1
$60.00
RAM-GDS-SKIN-SAM54-NG-1 RAM Mounts IntelliSkin® Next Gen for Samsung Tab Active4
$93.99
RAM-HOL-SAM52CPU RAM USB-C Powered Dock Samsung Tab Active4 Pro & Tab Active Pro
$81.99
Cell Phone Smartphone Computer repair banner poster sign iphone Samsung
$89.99
NEW Samsung NoteBook NT930QCG touch LCD Full Screen Assembly Blue
$225.77
Samsung Galaxy View Tablet 18.4 SM-T670/677A Charging Port 100% Original Oem
$98.99