Add this to .bashrc:
lpad() { # uses leafpad to edit $1; on closing leafpad, aspell checks spelling; on closing aspell, leafpad shows corrected copy.
leafpad $1; aspell -c $1; leafpad $1 &
}
.
I'm looking for a spell-checker for Leafpad or an equivalent choice in
another small text editor that has a built-in spell-checker.
I found this interesting adaptation of Ispell, which is in Synaptic but
not installed by default. One of the forum entries, by BruceB, gives a
small adapting bash script to tie Ispell and Leafpad together.
http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/vie...f50a1378741baa
I'm interested to hear any comments on this or other approaches.
Add this to .bashrc:
lpad() { # uses leafpad to edit $1; on closing leafpad, aspell checks spelling; on closing aspell, leafpad shows corrected copy.
leafpad $1; aspell -c $1; leafpad $1 &
}
I had seen that link to the Puppy Linux forum from a Google search. It is not achieving much of anything useful.
I also remember your suggestion to integrate HunSpell with Leafpad but that did not happen.
Gedit in Knoppix v7.6, when properly fixed by the Knoppix team and/or by the authors of gedit, will do the job.

Vintage Apple II Avant-Garde Creations Super Shape Draw And Animate 1981
$295.00
Vintage Apple Design Keyboard Model M2980 Macintosh 1994 Untested
$28.49
5 Vintage Apple Newton Stickers – Original Apple Memorabilia
$15.00
5x Vintage Apple Macintosh II NuBus Cards 630-4179 NI GPIB DIO Asante Ethernet
$239.95
Vintage Apple Keyboard M7803 Mouse M5769 (NEEDS TO BE CLEANED)
$28.99
Rare Vintage Macintosh Apple Wooden Disk Storage Box Dovetailed
$69.95
Vintage Apple Macintosh Plus Desktop Computer - M0001A
$150.00
Vintage Apple Macintosh Plus 1MB - M0001A W/ Keyboard, 2 Mice, 800K HD, + More
$300.00
Vintage Apple Monitor IIc 9" Green Monochrome 06/1985 A2M4090 October 1984 Stand
$275.00
Vintage Apple Multiple Scan 15av Display Monitor M4681
$299.99