Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: help troubleshooting a remaster?

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    20

    help troubleshooting a remaster?

    (This references knoppix v 6.7.0)

    I have created a remastered CD. it is hosted on a PXE boot server. It's been working great on all of the test machines I've tried it on. (dell optiplexes, latitudes, HP machines, really old Compaqs, even a Xeon box).

    However I cannot get it to boot a Dell Inspiron 600m via PXE. It does boot from the Knoppix cd. I booted it to knoppix cd, then compared the /proc/cmdline file to see if there was any magic there, and nothing was there I didn't already have.

    I just had the brilliant idea of booting it from my Remastered CD ISO instead of PXE, and that actually worked. (Although very slow boot time, VERY slow).

    So my question is, how can I troubleshoot the PXE boot and see what is going on? I get dropped to a prompt after it says "Can't access tty; job control turned off."

    I'm guessing maybe it's network driver related, or maybe bad memory? i did turn off logging, and the messages look normal, there is no error before the TTY thing.

    Thanks!

  2. #2
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    20
    Just a note, I am kinda retarded, which most of you must have realized since no one responded to the thread. Thank you for the kindness in not pointing it out

    Turns out the network driver is not on the Knoppix CD! Broadcom 44xx/47xx (module name: b44).

    So I will proceed to figuring out how to add a driver to the CD and that should fix my problems.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Dell 6P85J 4TB ST4000NM0063 7.2k 6Gb/s 3.5” SAS SED Hard Drive with Tray picture

Dell 6P85J 4TB ST4000NM0063 7.2k 6Gb/s 3.5” SAS SED Hard Drive with Tray

$39.99



Western Digital HUS726T4TAL5204 4TB 7.2K SAS 12Gb/s 3.5

Western Digital HUS726T4TAL5204 4TB 7.2K SAS 12Gb/s 3.5" 512e HDD NetApp X375A

$64.00



Seagate ST8000DM004 8TB 3.5

Seagate ST8000DM004 8TB 3.5" 6Gb/s 256MB SATA HDD P/N: 2CX188-300 Tested

$149.99



DELL 2TB Enterprise HDD (7200RPM, 3.5

DELL 2TB Enterprise HDD (7200RPM, 3.5", SATA III, 128MB Cache) HUS722T2TALA600

$49.95



Seagate ST500DM009 BarraCuda 500 GB 3.5

Seagate ST500DM009 BarraCuda 500 GB 3.5" SATA III Desktop Hard Drive

$14.99



HGST HUA723030ALA640 3TB SATA 7200 RPM 3.5 in Enterprise HDD | 0F14044 (100%) picture

HGST HUA723030ALA640 3TB SATA 7200 RPM 3.5 in Enterprise HDD | 0F14044 (100%)

$45.00



HGST Ultrastar 7K4000 3TB 7200RPM SATA III 3.5

HGST Ultrastar 7K4000 3TB 7200RPM SATA III 3.5" Hard Drive HDD HUS724030ALA640

$39.99



Dell ST6000NM0034 1HT27Z-150 NWCCG 6TB SAS 3.5 7.2K ENTERPRISE SERVER DRIVE picture

Dell ST6000NM0034 1HT27Z-150 NWCCG 6TB SAS 3.5 7.2K ENTERPRISE SERVER DRIVE

$68.99



(ST8000NM0045) SEAGATE ENTERPRISE 8TB 7200RPM 4Kn SATA 6Gb/s 3.5

(ST8000NM0045) SEAGATE ENTERPRISE 8TB 7200RPM 4Kn SATA 6Gb/s 3.5" HARD DRIVE

$199.99



Tested WD Ultrastar DC HC520 12TB 7.2K RPM SATA 6Gb/s 3.5

Tested WD Ultrastar DC HC520 12TB 7.2K RPM SATA 6Gb/s 3.5" HDD HUH721212ALN600

$239.99