Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: Knoppix 6.7.1 Bluetooth Problem !!!

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Member Blacksimon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Italy
    Posts
    93

    Question Knoppix 6.7.1 Bluetooth Problem !!!

    Hi all, I have a problem with the integrated netbook bluetooth but only with knoppix 6.7.1 (with 6.7.0 everything was fine).
    Gnome Bluetooth applet is installed correctly and start automatically at boot, and tells me that the bluetooth is disabled by showing a red x next to the icon placed in the system tray. I can not in any way to enable it via the applet.I can not even name the device and can not in any way you can then connect my phone to the netbook.
    These are the commands used to investigate:

    PHP Code:
    root@Black:/home/knoppix# lsusb | grep -i blue
    Bus 003 Device 002: ID 13d3:3249 IMC Networks Internal Bluetooth 
    PHP Code:
    root@Black:/home/knoppix# hciconfig
    hci0:    Type: BR/EDR  Bus: USB
        BD Address
    : 00:22:43:B4:1B:9E  ACL MTU: 1021:8  SCO MTU: 64:1
        DOWN 
        RX bytes
    :457 acl:0 sco:0 events:18 errors:0
        TX bytes
    :76 acl:0 sco:0 commands:18 errors:0 
    Bluetooth is DOWN. I manually activated the bluetooth ad I assign a name to the device

    PHP Code:
    root@Black:/home/knoppix# hciconfig hci0 up
    root@Black:/home/knoppix# hciconfig hci0 name Black-0
    root@Black:/home/knoppix# hciconfig
    hci0:    Type: BR/EDR  Bus: USB
        BD Address
    : 00:22:43:B4:1B:9E  ACL MTU: 1021:8  SCO MTU: 64:1
        UP RUNNING 
        RX bytes
    :908 acl:0 sco:0 events:35 errors:0
        TX bytes
    :149 acl:0 sco:0 commands:35 errors:0
    root
    @Black:/home/knoppix# hcitool dev
    Devices:
        
    hci0    00:22:43:B4:1B:9E 
    Bluetooth now is UP but Gnome Bluetooth applet tells me again that the bluetooth is disabled. Does anyone have any ideas?

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    512
    It seems that the configuration file /etc/dbus-1/system.d/bluetooth.conf is missing and it does not help to create one. Since the release of Knoppix V6.7.1 there is a new bluez package available in the Debian software package repository. When I installed this new package the configuration file bluetooth.conf was still missing in the directory /etc/dbus-1/system.d but it is included in the package.

    After many attempts I found the following solution.

    I used the Knoppix V6.7.1 CD with my USB Bluetooth dongle unplugged.

    My first step was to download the package bluez_4.96-3 to my /home/knoppix directory.

    I opened a terminal and extracted the package
    Code:
    dpkg -x /home/knoppix/bluez_4.96-3_i386.deb bluez
    I installed the package
    Code:
    sudo dpkg -i /home/knoppix/bluez_4.96-3_i386.deb
    I copied the configuration file bluetooth.conf.
    Code:
    sudo cp /home/knoppix/bluez/etc/dbus-1/system.d/bluetooth.conf /etc/dbus-1/system.d/
    In the "Preferences" menu I selected "Desktop Session Settings". I selected "Bluetooth Manager" and "Policykit Authentication Agent" and closed the window.

    In the terminal I issued
    Code:
    sudo init 2
    I plugged my USB Bluetooth adaptor in. Then I issued
    Code:
    init 5
    The graphical desktop environment started and the icon of the Bluetooth applet appeared in the system tray. The icon had got a red X. I disconnected my USB Bluetooth adapter and replugged it. Now the red X had disappeared and I was able to connect to my second computer.

    Comments are always welcome.

  3. #3
    Member Blacksimon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Italy
    Posts
    93

    Smile

    In the coming days I will try to follow your steps, hoping to solve the problem.
    Thanks in advance for the time you have dedicated to me.
    See you soon. Bye.

  4. #4
    Member Blacksimon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Italy
    Posts
    93

    Thumbs up Solved !!!

    Hi guy ! Problem Solved ! Thank you very much !

    In fact the file bluetooth.conf was missing in the directory /etc/dbus-1/system.d and even flag "Policykit Authentication Agent" was disabled.

    Bye

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


IBM System X3850-X5 Server w/4x Intel  Xeon E7-4870 CPU , 512 GB DDR3 RAM,NO HDD picture

IBM System X3850-X5 Server w/4x Intel Xeon E7-4870 CPU , 512 GB DDR3 RAM,NO HDD

$1299.99



IBM QRadar xx29 2x Xeon E5-2650v4 2x 900W PSU M5120 12x 3.5

IBM QRadar xx29 2x Xeon E5-2650v4 2x 900W PSU M5120 12x 3.5" Bay Server No RAM

$149.99



IBM ADP Server Type 7870 AC1 NO HDD | 128GB RAM PC3L | 2 x Xeon  E5620 picture

IBM ADP Server Type 7870 AC1 NO HDD | 128GB RAM PC3L | 2 x Xeon E5620

$199.99



Unused IBM 09P0037 MAINBOARD For  RS/6000 7044-170 P-Series picture

Unused IBM 09P0037 MAINBOARD For RS/6000 7044-170 P-Series

$375.00



IBM SYSTEM X3500 M3 SERVER 7380AC1 TOWER Server XEON E5620 8GB RAID SEE NOTES picture

IBM SYSTEM X3500 M3 SERVER 7380AC1 TOWER Server XEON E5620 8GB RAID SEE NOTES

$108.92



IBM Power S824 12Bay 4U Server - 2x Power8 CPU, 512GB DDR4, MT: 8286-42A picture

IBM Power S824 12Bay 4U Server - 2x Power8 CPU, 512GB DDR4, MT: 8286-42A

$1731.00



IBM X3650 M5 5462-AC1,2 X E5-2640V3 2.6GHZ 8C, 16 GB, DUAL 750W, 2 X 1TB SERVER picture

IBM X3650 M5 5462-AC1,2 X E5-2640V3 2.6GHZ 8C, 16 GB, DUAL 750W, 2 X 1TB SERVER

$349.99



IBM 02YC027 Seagate ST2400MM0129 2.4TB 10K SAS 12Gb/s 2.5

IBM 02YC027 Seagate ST2400MM0129 2.4TB 10K SAS 12Gb/s 2.5" Server Hard Drive

$200.00



DELL POWEREDGE HP IBM SERVER XEON GOLD 5415+ 8 CORE PROCESSOR 2.9 GHZ SRMGC  picture

DELL POWEREDGE HP IBM SERVER XEON GOLD 5415+ 8 CORE PROCESSOR 2.9 GHZ SRMGC

$1299.00



IBM 02AN553  01LL325 IBM I/OADAPTER PCIe / PCN  Internal Server Systems Adapter picture

IBM 02AN553 01LL325 IBM I/OADAPTER PCIe / PCN Internal Server Systems Adapter

$199.99