-
fake hardware raid5
Hello,
I am trying to mount an existing windows partition with knoppix. The purpose is to make a dump of the windows installation.
There is an Intel 82801 SATA RAID Controller (rev 05) in the system. There are 4 HDs. 3 are arranged as an RAID5 and one is spare. I use knoppix 6.7.1 CD (german).
dmraid -b shows all 4 HDs.
When I try "dmraid -ay" I get 3 errors:
Code:
ERROR: spare set "isw_diffiigjfb_/dev/sdd" cannot be activated
ERROR: no mapping possible for RAID set isw_diffiigjfb_/dev/sdd
ERROR: device-mapper target type "raid45" is not in the kernel
RAID set "isw_gcdfjaffh_Volume0" was not activated
The first two belong to the spare device as sdd is the spare device (compared serial numbers in BIOS config and dmraid -b). The third one produces a lot of google-hits and seems to be a well known version/naming issue between dmraid a kernel. But I did not get any Information on how to fix/ work around it.
There is a kernel module called raid456.ko and it is loaded according to lsmod.
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Lot of 11 Micron 32GB PC4-21300 DDR4-2666V Server Memory MTA36ASF4G72PZ-2G6E1QG
$1650.00

Micron 8GB DDR4 3200MHz PC4-3200AA ECC RDIMM RAM (MTA9ASF1G72PZ-3G2E2
$30.00

Dell 16GB PC4-21300 (DDR4-2666) Memory (SNPPWR5TC16G)
$89.99

Microsoft Office 2021 Pro Plus USB for 1PC Windows 10 & 11
$62.55

1x64GB Hynix HMAA8GL7MMR4N DDR4 PC4 2133P-LE0-11 4Rx4 ECC LRDIMM Server RAM
$320.00

SK Hynix 32GB(1x32GB) 2RX4 PC4-2666V-R DDR4 ECC Memory RDIMM HMA84GR7CJR4N-VK
$200.00

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot
$285.90

USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack
$826.09

SMART(Micron)SafeStor 32GB(1X32GB) 1RX4 NN4-3200AA(DDR4) HPE Server Memory
$159.98

24x Micron MT40A512M16LY-062E IT:E 8Gb DDR4-3200 96-FBGA Memory IC
$349.99