-
apt cache limit
I am unable to update the synaptic package manager due to the apt cache limit error. I can not edit the 70debconf file nor can I add my own cache limit file. I also tried to add the root password, however, I am unable to use the root password or open an editor as root.
-
Hi there Try this - in a terminal enter: gksu gedit /etc/apt/apt.conf.d/70debconf and add this line to the file: APT::Cache-Limit 50000000 NB no double quotes - see comment on the post. for a 50mB cache http://www.ithowto.ro/2008/10/howto-...s-cache-limit/ This worked for me - if it doesn't, could you say exactly which version of Knoppix you are using and exactly what error messages you got. Best wishes, John
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Dell Precision T5820 Workstation 3.70GHz W-2135 No RAM/ GPU/ HDD/ OS
$179.98

Dell Precision Tower 7810 Xeon E5-2630 v3 @ 2.40GHz , 32GB Ram, NO HDD, NO OS
$239.99

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00

Lenovo ThinkStation P520c Intel Xeon W-2133 6-Core 3.60GHz -NO RAM/ HDD/ GPU/ OS
$127.54

Dell Precision T7820 2x Xeon Silver 4114 2.20GHz 950W No RAM GPU HDD 4x SATA
$354.48

Intel Xeon E5-2699 V4 2.20GHz 55M 22-CORES LGA2011-3 Server Processor 145W SR2JS
$84.49

Matched Pair _ Intel Xeon E5-2698 V4 2.2GHz 20-Core Processor CPU LGA2011 SR2JW
$94.99

Intel Xeon E5-2690 v4 SR2N2 14 Core 2.6GHz 35MB LGA2011-3 CPU *km
$15.99

Intel Xeon Phi 5110P 60-Core 1.053GHz Coprocessor
$50.00

HP Z440 Workstation TWR Xeon E5-1603 v3, 8GB RAM, NVS310, SB1570, NO SSD/OS #95
$89.99