-
Junior Member
registered user
Lenovo T60 without hard drive
I was trying to boot Knoppix 6.7.0 to a Lenovo T60. The hard drive was missing from the machine at the time. After entering in the boot options, (knoppix nodrm splash 2 apic=off) the machine rebooted when the screen blinked.
By "screen blinked" i mean after you enter in boot options, hit enter, and then it clears and normally starts showing the boot stuff. I see it clear, and then fade to deep black as the machine reboots. I never see a single line of text saying what it is doing.
If I put a hard drive in, it boots fine. I even tried "toram" on the boot options, but it doesn't get that far. Can anyone think of why it works with a HDD and not otherwise? this is off the CD. At first i thought it was bad memory. So I swapped that with some good stuff, and same result.
TIA.
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

2-Bay/4-Bay Hard Drive Enclosure for 3.5"/2.5'' SATA HDD/SSD 10Gbps USB-C 3.2
$75.99

OWC Mercury Elite Pro 2 Bay RAID Enclosure with USB 3.2 for Dual 3.5 inch HDDs
$87.99

Broadcom 9600-24i RAID Controller PCIe Gen 4.1 Tri-Mode NEW 05-50111-01004
$649.99

EMC KTN-SL3 15-Bay Disk Array Enclosure w/2x 303-108-000E Cards, Dual PSU,No HDD
$239.99

WAVLINK RAID 2 Bay Hard Drive Docking Station SATA 2.5/3.5'' SSD HDD Enclosure
$119.99

Acasis USB 3.2 2 Bay HDD RAID Enclosure for 2.5/3.5" SATA Drives External Array
$55.00

MegaRAID 9580-8i8e 16-port 12G SAS/SATA/NVMe 8GB PCIe RAID - 05-50076-00
$1619.19

Dell PowerEdge HBA330 LP PCI-E 12GBs RAID SAS Controller Adapter J7TNV
$18.95

Intel VROC Premium RAID Controller Card PCIe Add-On Module VROCPREMMOD
$265.00

CalDigit VR minin 2 Portable Raid Storage On The Go
$75.00