original cdrecord is available here:
http://cdrecord.berlios.de/private/cdrecord.html
The original cdrecord SHOULD be back in a new enough version of debian, but apparently it is NOT, even if iot SHOULD , or else....
why is wodim still there in knoppix 6.4.3 ?
I just downloaded the newest knoppix available ( 6.7.1 ) but no way am I gonna produce a faulty CD by using wodim to burn it. So, I just have to copy the .iso image from my linux machine (running knoppix 6.4.3) to my windows machine to burn it from withing Windows XP.
I have had several erroneously burned CD's ( all burned using wodim ).
With Windows XP, all CDs were burned correctly during last 10 years.
wodim = trash, please get rid of it in favor of the original cdrecord by Joerg Schilling.
I'd like very much to see the original cdrecord in the next knoppix released.

(New) AMD Ryzen 7 5700X 8 Core 16 Thread AM4 Unlocked 3.4 GHz CPU OEM Tray
$169.99
Intel Core i9-9900K SRG19 3.60GHz 16MB 8-Core LGA1151 B Grade CPU Processor
$175.00
HP EliteBook 840 G5 Laptop Intel Core i5 7200U 8GB RAM – No HDD
$64.00
AMD Ryzen 7 7700X 8-Core, 16-Thread Unlocked Desktop Processor
$250.00
AMD RYZEN 7 9800X3D 8-Core, 16-Thread Desktop Processor
$399.00
Intel Xeon E-2478 2.8Ghz 24MB Cache 8 Core FCLGA1700 Server Processor CPU SRMX7
$599.95
AMD Ryzen 5 PRO 4650GE 100-000000153 6-Core 3.30GHz 8MB AM4 CPU Processor
$59.99
AMD Ryzen 7 9700X 8-Core 16-Thread 40MB Cache Socket AM5 9000 Series Processor
$245.99
Dell T7810 Workstation 8-Core 2.40GHz E5-2630 v3 No RAM GPU HDD OS
$259.98
Dell OptiPlex 5070 SFF i7-9700 (8-Core) 3.0GHz 16GB 256 SSD Windows 11
$250.00