-
Get rid of WODIM, original cdrecord is a LOT better !
original cdrecord is available here:
http://cdrecord.berlios.de/private/cdrecord.html
The original cdrecord SHOULD be back in a new enough version of debian, but apparently it is NOT, even if iot SHOULD , or else....
why is wodim still there in knoppix 6.4.3 ?
I just downloaded the newest knoppix available ( 6.7.1 ) but no way am I gonna produce a faulty CD by using wodim to burn it. So, I just have to copy the .iso image from my linux machine (running knoppix 6.4.3) to my windows machine to burn it from withing Windows XP.
I have had several erroneously burned CD's ( all burned using wodim ).
With Windows XP, all CDs were burned correctly during last 10 years.
wodim = trash, please get rid of it in favor of the original cdrecord by Joerg Schilling.
I'd like very much to see the original cdrecord in the next knoppix released.
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Dell Precision T5820 Workstation 3.70GHz W-2135 No RAM/ GPU/ HDD/ OS
$179.98

Dell Precision Tower 7810 Xeon E5-2630 v3 @ 2.40GHz , 32GB Ram, NO HDD, NO OS
$239.99

Dell Precision T7820 2x Xeon Silver 4114 2.20GHz 950W No RAM GPU HDD 4x SATA
$350.48

A Mini Windows Server w Xeon E3 Processor & (2) 500GB Hard Drive-Home/Industrial
$319.00

INTEL XEON E5-2680V4 SR2N7 2.40GHZ CPU
$11.00

Intel Xeon E5-2699 V4 2.20GHz 55M 22-CORES LGA2011-3 Server Processor 145W SR2JS
$84.49

DELL Precision 5820 Workstation Xeon W-2123 3.6ghz/NO RAM/NO SSD/P400 Vid
$139.99

Genuine Intel Xeon W-2145 3.70Ghz 8 Cores LGA2066 CPU SR3LQ Tested USA SELLER
$94.94

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00

HP Z420 Pro Workstation PC Xeon E5-2660 8-Core 64GB RAM Quadro K5000 128GB SSD
$249.00